From: Gerhard on
I posted a question twice yesterday, but it is not showing up, so am
reposting it. I am trying to migrate a SharePoint 2007 machine to another
domain. The only remaining issue is on the application pools, where they
work with the farm administrator account, but not with the accounts that were
previously working (and have been migrated to the new domain). I have run
MigrateUser and Update Farm credentials and also rerun the configuration
wizard. I can get into Central Admin, SSP and the home page fine as long as
the application pools are using the farm administrator account, but get
access denied errors if I switch back to the individual accounts. The
acccounts all have db_owner permission on SQL Server for the MOSS tables,
they are also Domain Admins. What else do I need to do so I can use them in
the application pools as identies?

Thanks.
From: Gerhard on
I figured this out, if you change the app pools via Go into Central
Administration -> Operations -> Service Accounts it works okay.

The full steps that got the new domain working for me were:

Change domain

Make sure you can ping the sql server in the new domain.

Run updatefarmcredentials on the account used in the app pool for Central
Admin (using stsadm). Run IISRESET

Change the other app pools as above, then run IISRESET.

Go through the local services and make sure any accounts from old domain are
changed to the current domain.

Run migrateusers through stsadm for all service accounts.

At this point all was working okay for me.

There may be a better way that will get answered by Microsoft on this post,
but I couldn't keep waiting, so the last three days (since post) was spent
figuring this out.

From: spconsultant on
On Jan 11, 5:46 pm, Gerhard <Gerh...(a)community.nospam> wrote:
> I posted a question earlier today, but it is not showing up, so am reposting
> it.
>
> I am trying to migrate a SharePoint 2007 machine to another domain.  The
> only remaining issue is on the application pools, where they work with the
> farm administrator account, but not with the accounts that were previously
> working (and have been migrated to the new domain).  I have run MigrateUser
> and Update Farm credentials and also rerun the configuration wizard.  I can
> get into Central Admin, SSP and the home page fine as long as the application
> pools are using the farm administrator account, but get access denied errors
> if I switch back to the individual accounts.  The acccounts all have db_owner
> permission on SQL Server for the MOSS tables, they are also Domain Admins..
> What else do I need to do so I can use them in the application pools as
> identies?
>
> Thanks.

Try going into Policy for web application, and add your Web pool
account to the web application at the policy level.