From: Del on
How do I modify my sign in each time I reboot so that I don't have to do my
password. I set it up to have a blank for my password.

From: LD55ZRA on
From control Panel Goto User Accounts and then choose your account from the
list. Now you can pick a task to whatever you want to do.

hth

From: glee on
"Del" <dtwaltrip(a)gotsky.com> wrote in message
> How do I modify my sign in each time I reboot so that I don't have to
> do my password. I set it up to have a blank for my password.

Start> Control Panel> User Accounts> Change the way users log on or off
Put a check in the box for 'Use the Welcome Screen' and click Apply

If you are the only user and have a blank password, it will log on
automatically.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+

From: Shenan Stanley on
Del wrote:
> How do I modify my sign in each time I reboot so that I don't have
> to do my password. I set it up to have a blank for my password.

Now is a great time to point you to one of the easiest ways to find
information on problems you may be having and solutions others have found:

Search using Google!
http://www.google.com/
(How-to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html )

Given that - here is an answer given *many* times in the newsgroups and
individually - the answers can be found using various searches...

Automatic Logons:
------
Microsoft method:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315231
(Essentially the same... but different place:
http://www.pctools.com/guides/registry/detail/13/ )

Microsoft Method 2:
TweakUI from:

control userpasswords2 method:
1) Go to the Start Menu and the Run box.
2) Type in the following:

control userpasswords2

now click OK
3) In the new Windows that appears select the account you wish to make the
primary logon.
Now uncheck the "Users must enter a username and password..." box.
4) Hit Apply and a dialog box will appear asking you to confirm the selected
users password.
Click OK when you are done...
------

Hopefully that gets you where you are wanting to be.

It is a *good* thing in the user arena to:
1) Have strong passwords.
2) Have more than one administrator level account (with strong passwords).

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: LD55ZRA on

"Shenan Stanley" <newshelper(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> Now is a great time to point you to one of the easiest ways to find
> information on problems you may be having and solutions others have found:

If you keep pointing out great time to one of the easiest ways to find
information on problems, where will Microsoft customers find MVPs to use as
punchbag to vent anger?

Pages: 1
Prev: adobe & applications
Next: firefox wont import