From: Echo S on
This is the "garfield-n-odie special" response -- it seems to resolve a lot
of these "got the slows" problems.

--
Echo [MS PPT MVP]
http://www.echosvoice.com

From: UBfoolin on
Thanks for the idea. I do know about this issue and have already done so. It
did not change the problem. I've also turned off the "Automatically search
for network folders" option in Explorer's Folder options.

Again, why is this happening ONLY to Microsoft programs? Can there be some
registry corruption or orphaned link?

Thanks again,
Dan

From: Echo S on
Well, you don't have Norton, but what antivirus program *do* you have? I'd
suspect it.

From: UBfoolin on
I am not running ANY antivirus program at this point!
Dan

From: Bob I on
Do you have an attached accessable default printer?