From: doctor watson on
Running Outlook 2007 with Windows 7.
I have been exchanging emails for quite some time with 2 folks who both have
tampabay.rr.com as their isp and till now have experienced no problems. A
few weeks ago emails from first one and then the other are not ending up in
my inbox. Can't find them anywhere. As far as the 3 of us know, no system
changes have been made, no sender addresses have been blocked by me (as a
matter of fact, I've designated them as safe senders) but all to no avail.
Can anyone help?
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"doctor watson" <doctorwatson(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Running Outlook 2007 with Windows 7.
> I have been exchanging emails for quite some time with 2 folks who both have
> tampabay.rr.com as their isp and till now have experienced no problems. A
> few weeks ago emails from first one and then the other are not ending up in
> my inbox. Can't find them anywhere. As far as the 3 of us know, no system
> changes have been made, no sender addresses have been blocked by me (as a
> matter of fact, I've designated them as safe senders) but all to no avail.
> Can anyone help?

First you have to see if they get delivered to the mailbox. Have one or both
send you a message. After some period of time (say, an hour) in which you do
NOT run Outlook or any other mail client, log into your mailbox using a web
inrterface and see if the messages are waiting to download. Check your
mailbox's junk mail folder as well. If the messages are not on the server,
then clearly Outlook is not the problem, but something either on your
mailbox's server or on your sender's end and there's nothing you can do about
it. They'll have to track it down.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: doctor watson on
Brian,
Thanks for the reply. I did, in the meantime, contact my server and they
did a little manipulation and, so far, the problem seems to have been
corrected. You, of course, were spot on. As always, thanks to you and your
colleagues (sp?) for your timely advice and solutions.
Doc Watson

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> Thanks for the reply. I did, in the meantime, contact my server and they
> did a little manipulation and, so far, the problem seems to have been
> corrected. You, of course, were spot on. As always, thanks to you and your
> colleagues (sp?) for your timely advice and solutions.

You're welcome and I'm glad the issue was resolved.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]