From: ron van houten on
i"ve now several time linux suse10.0 installed on my sytem and till now now
i enjoy it very much.I just have to learn a little more about it because
i was used to wxp.
I am just struggling with one problem named sound card .
i"ve ead about it in several newsgroups but the solutions i tried didn,t
work for me.
i am sure i have configured the soundcard properly .It"s configured as
82801(ich7 family)high defenition audio controller and thats right.I have
changed the values in:0=fifo size and 1=none and 2=pos buf en tested the
sound and i get no response.
my mobo is i 945 series of foxconn .
I tried to start up alsa mixer but i get message:function snd mixer load
failed :invalid argument.
i have watched my log and here are the things that drawwed my attention:
resource id 0xa00323 and 0xa00356 can"t load polyp
exec:/sbin/modprobe evdev--------------------fatal module evdev not found.
i hope that someone can help me because i don"t know it anymore.
with regards ron van houten

From: Peter Vollebregt on
ron van houten schreef:
> i"ve now several time linux suse10.0 installed on my sytem and till now now
> i enjoy it very much.I just have to learn a little more about it because
> i was used to wxp.
> I am just struggling with one problem named sound card .
> i"ve ead about it in several newsgroups but the solutions i tried didn,t
> work for me.
> i am sure i have configured the soundcard properly .It"s configured as
> 82801(ich7 family)high defenition audio controller and thats right.I have
> changed the values in:0=fifo size and 1=none and 2=pos buf en tested the
> sound and i get no response.
> my mobo is i 945 series of foxconn .
> I tried to start up alsa mixer but i get message:function snd mixer load
> failed :invalid argument.
> i have watched my log and here are the things that drawwed my attention:
> resource id 0xa00323 and 0xa00356 can"t load polyp
> exec:/sbin/modprobe evdev--------------------fatal module evdev not found.
> i hope that someone can help me because i don"t know it anymore.
> with regards ron van houten

Ron,

I believe the evdev driver is for a touchpad (mouse).

The question is if your soundcard is the problem. Very often there is no
sound because alsa mutes the sound. Always try to open a soundmixer
(like kmix or qamix) and lift all the sliders to be non-zero.

A little googling showed me that your soundcard needs the snd-hda-intel
soundriver. You can see if it is loaded by running (as root) 'lsmod' and
to see if this driver (or any snd- drivers) are loaded. If not you can
load it via 'modprobe snd-hda-intel'.

If this is to non gui it also can help to remove the soundcard in YaST
and to reinstall it. Has done wonders for me in the past. You can also
rinstall a driver with the alsa-uility 'alsaconf' but somewhere i read
that this makes a mess of your /etc/modprobe.conf (the file that decides
which drivers you load) so make a copy of this first (and if all goes
wrong use a live-cd like knoppix to put it back)

HTH,
Peter Vollebregt
From: ron van houten on
i" ve tried all of the above ,but it didn"t help .
i have a log from lsmod and the following i saw:

hfsplus 10240B 0

vfat 32768 0

fat 75312 1 vfat

subfs 20152 1

ipLpk1!,ype 18432 1

ipLLOG 24704 9

ipUimit 19328 9

frE!(Uable 22912 0

snd_pcm_oss 87328 0

snd_mixer_oss 38272 1 snd_pcm_oss

snd_seq 88920 0

butlon 24992 0

ba1lery 28552 0

ac ~ 0

usblp 31616 0

edd 28704 0

aCpacket 59532 2

usluiIDrage 102976 0

snd_usb_audio 110S92 0

snd_uslUib 36736 1 snd_usb_audio

snd_rawmidi 49184 1 snd_usb_lib

snd_seq_device 27152 2 snd_seq,snd_rawmidi

snd_hwdep 28704 1 snd_usb_audio

ip6LREJECT 22784 3

pwc 706S6 0

videodev 28672 1 pwc

ipLREJECT 22912 3

i pUila1e 1 8688 12

ip1able_mangle 19840 0

ip1able_nat 44984 0

floppy 91656 0

ip1able_filv 19968 1

ip6lable_mangle 19200 0

ip_conn1Tack 69044 2 ipLsla1e,ip1able_nat

ip_1ables 39936 8

i PLpk1!,ype,i pLLOG.iPLli m it,1 pLREJECT.i PLsla1e,i
p1able_mangle,ip1able_nat,i p1able_fi Iv

OOci1394 S4092 0

ieee1394 137976 1OOci1394

103 121092 0

i2c_i801 26516 0

i2c_core 42112 1 i2c_i801

ehcl_hcd S4280 0

snd_hda_in1el 37824 7

snd_hda_codec 131968 1 snd_hda_in1el

generic 22148 0 [permanenQ

in1el_agp 4'3832 1

snd_pcm 137608 5

snd_pcm_OS!\.snd_usb_audio,snd_hda_in1el.snd_hda_codec

snd_timer 47240 5 snd_seq.snd_pcm

snd 96768 22

snd_pcm_OS!\.snd_m ixer
_OS!\.snd_seq.snd_usb_audio.snd_usb_lib.snd_rawm idi
..snd_seq_device,snd_hwdep.snd_hda_i nel.snd_hda_codec.snd_pcm,snd_ti mer

soundcore 28448 1 snd

snd_page_alloc 294S6 2 snd_hda_in1el.snd_pcm

uhci_hcd S4S6O 0

usbcore 159924 8

usbl p.usIUilDrage,snd_usb_audio,snd_usb_li b.pwc,ehci_hcd,uhci_hcd

shpchp 117928 0

pci_hOlplug 48S28 1 shpchp

i p6lable_fi Iv 19712 1

ip6_1ables 38400 3 ip6LREJECT,ip6lable_mangle,ip6lable_filv

ipv6 367808 265 ip6LREJECT

parPDnLPc 62192 1

Ip 30912 0

parport 61324 2 parpDnLPc.lp

dm_mod 83024
i have also done etc/modprobe.d/sound and that gave the following result:
options snd-hda-intel
enable =1 index=0 model =2
#u1nbvjdfgmc+330
82801g(lch7 family)
high defenition audio controller
alias snd-card-0 snd -hda-intel
i hope that you can find something usedull ,because i don"t know what to do.
alvast bedankt voor geboden hulp.
thanks for given support
ron
"Peter Vollebregt" <peter.vollebregt(a)DOESNTLIKESP_Mgmail.com> schreef in
bericht news:43c81b6b$0$11071$e4fe514c(a)news.xs4all.nl...

From: Peter Vollebregt on
Ron,

(Please do not toppost (makes it difficult to read), and trim (snip) the
old posts)

ron van houten schreef:
> i" ve tried all of the above ,but it didn"t help .
> i have a log from lsmod and the following i saw:

<snip>

> snd_hda_in1el 37824 7
>
> snd_hda_codec 131968 1 snd_hda_in1el
><snip>
> snd_pcm 137608 5

Sound seems loaded, but the Name looks a bit strange (should be intel?)

> i have also done etc/modprobe.d/sound and that gave the following result:
> options snd-hda-intel
> enable =1 index=0 model =2
> #u1nbvjdfgmc+330
> 82801g(lch7 family)
> high defenition audio controller
> alias snd-card-0 snd -hda-intel

> alvast bedankt voor geboden hulp.
Graag gedaan.

I don't see anything wrong, but i found some problems mentioned with
this card in this thread including some solutions.

This is for fedora and gnome, so it needs to be trnsalted a litle.
- Dont know what version of alsa you are using, but you need a recent
one (> 1.09). You can see what you have via 'rpm -q'
- Play with external amplifiers in kmix (or alsamixer) if you can - it
didn't work before.
- If you are unlucky you need a new kernel (althoug the suse-kernel can
contain it earlier, but according to this text you need 2.6.13-rc3 from
kernel.org - where patches for the STAC9223 have been added to the
sound/pci/hda driver source).

Hopelijk helpt je dit een beetje,
Peter
From: graham on
On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 21:00:57 +0100, ron van houten wrote:

> i" ve tried all of the above ,but it didn"t help .

There was nothing above.

<snip>
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2