From: Gents on
Hi Paul, the code works fine. Thnks for the solution. I do however, also have the same problem mentioned above, whereby when I call the substring method with a workflow variable, it sees the work variable as a string??! How can we use work variables with this solution you developed? I do thank you in advance.

Regards.

galvin.pau wrote:

Re: Substring a variable in workflow...
23-Feb-08

On Feb 21, 10:18=A0am, "David Lozzi" <dlo...(a)delphi-ts.com> wrote:
o...(a)susqtech.com> wrote in message
of

I have a codeplex project that provides a custom function that
provides this feature here: http://www.codeplex.com/spdwfextensions

You can't do this out of the box in sharepoint designer.

--Paul Galvin, Conchango
RSS @ http://feeds.feedburner.com/PaulGalvinsSharepointSpace
Web site @ http://paulgalvin.spaces.live.com

Instant File Search Capability for Your ASP Site
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/74177c4c-9d18-49be-969c-fdb823fc32fd/instant-file-search-capab.aspx