From: ProjectRita on
hi,
I was already seeing some of the answers on this subject, but I am not
convinced. It happens that in my project I have 2 types of calendars, one
(CALENDAR1) the weekend is considered as non-working days (this include
almost every activitie), and in the other saturday is a working day
to(CALENDAR2). I can see that is possible to hide the bar tasks on weekends,
selecting the non-working time to be in front of tasks bars, but i have tried
to change the option for the activities that have the second calendar, but
the calendar returns to the base format. Is it possible to do 2 format types,
for different calendars? If the answer ir no, is there a way that i can make
a collum with the split days for each activities? I ask this, because this
will be something that i will have to do every week, but the project that i
have to deliver only have 3 weeks, so there only be 3 weekends, and for that
the split days will be the same for all activities in calendar 1. I`m
allready thinking in another option, if i don`t have a positive return on
this questions...maybe the only way, is to do a box, in the weekend bars that
only hide the task bars on weekends that belong to calendar1.
Thanks for the attention...
Regards
From: "Steve House" sjhouse at hotmail dot on
You tasks are being scheduled by their respective calendars but the display
of the vertical grey bars indicating non-working time is controlled
separately by its own calendar. Right click in the timeline, select
"timeline" in the pop-up menu and on the non-working page select the
calendar you would like to have in control of what days have the grey bar on
them. Note that the timeline of the Gantt chart only allows for one
calendar to be in cotrol of its formatting, no matter how many different
calendars control the various tasks.

--
Steve House
MS Project Trainer & Consultant