From: houghi on
As a proof of concept I want to configure a squid server where I have
access to it from the outside. For obvious reasons I would like to use a
login and password.

Does anybody know where I can find an easy to use beginners guide on how
to do this?

houghi
--
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
From: Rob on
houghi <houghi(a)houghi.org.invalid> wrote:
> So a partial success. Anybody any idea what goes wrong? The proof of
> concept is that I can not get facbook via my work as they block that
> server. I want to show that I can connect via my proxy by changing the
> proxy settings in firefox.

How dumb, that they are trying to block certain sites and do not block
you from reconfiguring the settings of the browser...