From: Habscout on
I've set up basic public key sharing, with no passphrases, to test
automated ssh logins to remote servers. That works fine. When I login,
the commands I use are recorded in my .sh_history file. However, when I
perform the ssh login with the commands bound to ssh [eg. ssh host1 ls
/dev ] the commands are not being recorded in my .sh_history file.

Can anyone recommend a way to force the commands to be recorded to
..sh_history or elsewhere in that type of scenario?

From: Darren Dunham on
Habscout <habscout(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I've set up basic public key sharing, with no passphrases, to test
> automated ssh logins to remote servers. That works fine. When I login,
> the commands I use are recorded in my .sh_history file. However, when I
> perform the ssh login with the commands bound to ssh [eg. ssh host1 ls
> /dev ] the commands are not being recorded in my .sh_history file.

> Can anyone recommend a way to force the commands to be recorded to
> .sh_history or elsewhere in that type of scenario?

..sh_history is not a valid place if you're trying to track all user
commands. Turn on auditing if that's what you want.

--
Darren Dunham ddunham(a)taos.com
From: Sam Nelson on
Habscout wrote:
> I've set up basic public key sharing, with no passphrases, to test
> automated ssh logins to remote servers. That works fine. When I login,
> the commands I use are recorded in my .sh_history file. However, when I
> perform the ssh login with the commands bound to ssh [eg. ssh host1 ls
> /dev ] the commands are not being recorded in my .sh_history file.
>
> Can anyone recommend a way to force the commands to be recorded to
> .sh_history or elsewhere in that type of scenario?

You could have a look at the Solaris auditing module(s) if you really
want to start logging all activity, looking at .[shell]_history isn't
recommended, not least because users can overwrite it :)

A quick hack might be to add a *.debug entry to syslog.conf and point
this to /var/adm/spamlog or so. Just remember to touch the file and
restart syslogd.

But really I'd recommend man auditconfig and take a dig around.

Sam