From: kakii on

Windows XP SP3

OS leaves the stand-by mode. The user has caused this by
stroking some key (keyboard).
The windows welcome screen, with several icons of defined accounts.
Mouse cursor follows the mouse movements but no reaction to left click.
Also no reaction to right click.
No reaction to strokes on keyboard.

What would be to check as first in this situation?
Possible reasons?

Thanks
From: Rich Barry on
Take a look here
http://fivepercent.us/2008/08/15/windows-xp-standby-and-hibernate-problem-update-82008/

From: kakii on

Thanks for hint.
Yeah, they are discussing several kinds of problems with stand-by or
hibernation.
Unfortunately I couldn't find there situation as described in this thread.

From: kakii on

It is a USB cordless mouse
And USB wired keyboard

Any hints please?

From: Rich Barry on
Check in the Bios>Advanced for Legacy USB enabled. Try rt clicking
MyComputer>select Properties>Hardware>Device Manager>USB Controllers. Rt
click on each one and choose uninstall. Restart and let XP reinstall them.
Check the MS Article below
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/871233

"kakii" <user(a)domain.co> wrote in message

> Windows XP SP3
>
> OS leaves the stand-by mode. The user has caused this by
> stroking some key (keyboard).
> The windows welcome screen, with several icons of defined accounts.
> Mouse cursor follows the mouse movements but no reaction to left click.
> Also no reaction to right click.
> No reaction to strokes on keyboard.
>
> What would be to check as first in this situation?
> Possible reasons?
>
> Thanks

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2