From: notbob on
I know this might not be the right group for this question, but it's
one I trust. So, is there a service or whatever that will allow me to
register a domain name under my nick, notbob? IOW, if someone does a
who/dig they will only get notbob instead of my real name.

I'm about to take the plunge and create a couple-three domains with
related websites on hosting services. All but one will be the real
me, but I'd like at least one to be relatively anonymous, my longtime
"notbob" persona. Is this possible? Thanks gang. ;)

nb
From: Jon Solberg on
On 2010-04-30, notbob <notbob(a)nothome.com> wrote:
> I know this might not be the right group for this question, but it's
> one I trust. So, is there a service or whatever that will allow me to
> register a domain name under my nick, notbob? IOW, if someone does a
> who/dig they will only get notbob instead of my real name. [...]

It was long since domain registrars actually bothered to check whether
the user information was correct.

--
Jon Solberg (remove "nospam." from email address)
From: Helmut Hullen on
Hallo, notbob,

Du meintest am 30.04.10:

> I know this might not be the right group for this question, but it's
> one I trust. So, is there a service or whatever that will allow me
> to register a domain name under my nick, notbob?

Sorry - that's not your nick. That's mine!

Viele Gruesse
Helmut

From: Grant on
On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 10:18:55 GMT, notbob <notbob(a)nothome.com> wrote:

>I know this might not be the right group for this question, but it's
>one I trust. So, is there a service or whatever that will allow me to
>register a domain name under my nick, notbob? IOW, if someone does a
>who/dig they will only get notbob instead of my real name.
>
>I'm about to take the plunge and create a couple-three domains with
>related websites on hosting services. All but one will be the real
>me, but I'd like at least one to be relatively anonymous, my longtime
>"notbob" persona. Is this possible? Thanks gang. ;)

Some registrars offer a stealth record that points to the registrar instead
of your details being there.

For my .id.au domains only my full name appears, no address details like
I've seen with other TLDs. My name's on the linked website URL anyway,
I'm not in hiding ;)

Grant.
--
http://bugs.id.au/