From: Mihai N. on
> Some versions of Windows implement DBCS, apparently the Japanese version of
> Windows had this support, but it is not documented as far as I can tell.
I am not sure what you mean "implement DBCS", but Japanese definitely has 932
as the ANSI code page, which is definitely DBCS.
Meaning all the ansi api uses DBCS. And if these days stuff gets converted to
Unicode, in the Win 9x/Me versions it was DBCS all the way.
Same for Chinese Simplified (936), Chinese Traditional (950) and Korean (949)
I don't think there is a need for explicit documentation :-)

--
Mihai Nita [Microsoft MVP, Windows - SDK]
http://www.mihai-nita.net
From: Mihai N. on
> in the Win 9x/Me versions it was DBCS all the way.
> Same for Chinese Simplified (936), Chinese Traditional (950) and Korean
> (949)

And, btw, I am quite sure in these environments (9x/Me), CreateFile
limit of MAX_PATH was in "programmer characters" (char)
So CreateFileA called on Win 98 has a limit of 128 Kanji on Win 9x/Me
Japanese, but 256 Kanji on Win 2000/XP.