From: skg on
I have an application which pops up file "Save as" dialog. I am trying to
automate <save> button click.

Unfortunately i am unable to get the handle of the "Button" with the text
"Save".

I used spy++. but it does not show the button as window.

Please suggest.
thx

From: AliR on
Would it be easier if the Save As dialog box would not come up to begin
with?

AliR.

From: skg on
thx. that application has ability to save files in different format. Its
invoked through an api. I want to trigger the save button on it.
There is no interface to invoke that functionality.

just now found WM_OBJECTSEL registered window message gets called for them.
iam further reseraching.

just like "ClickYes" utility.

thx

From: Tom Serface on
You you want it to automatically click the save button why not just save the
file without popping up the dialog at all? I guess I'm wondering how you
(or your program) would know that they found the folder or typed in the file
name they really wanted. If you are only looking for a folder and already
know the file name you might want to consider a folder browser
(SHBrowseForFolder) instead.

Tom

From: Nobody on
Isn't it obvious? the guy is trying to write malware.

"Tom Serface" <tserface(a)msn.com> wrote in message
> You you want it to automatically click the save button why not just save
> the file without popping up the dialog at all? I guess I'm wondering how
> you (or your program) would know that they found the folder or typed in
> the file name they really wanted. If you are only looking for a folder
> and already know the file name you might want to consider a folder browser
> (SHBrowseForFolder) instead.
>
> Tom
>
> "skg" <skg(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>I have an application which pops up file "Save as" dialog. I am trying to
>>automate <save> button click.
>>
>> Unfortunately i am unable to get the handle of the "Button" with the text
>> "Save".
>>
>> I used spy++. but it does not show the button as window.
>>
>> Please suggest.
>> thx
>>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: _stprintf
Next: debug assertion occcont.cpp line 916