From: skg on
Tom. thx. Sorry for not mentioning this is a third party application which
is not supporting automation of "Save As". Hence i was trying to find a work
around. I am not writing a malaware, there are utilities like "ClickYes"
which does the same functionality but on a different dialog.

thx.

From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
Look for .dlg files in the platform SDK documentation. It appears that the button whse
code is IDOK is the one you want.
joe

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 13:42:43 -0500, "skg" <skg(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>I have an application which pops up file "Save as" dialog. I am trying to
>automate <save> button click.
>
>Unfortunately i am unable to get the handle of the "Button" with the text
>"Save".
>
>I used spy++. but it does not show the button as window.
>
>Please suggest.
>thx

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: skg on
thx Joseph for your direction. I learnt lot from your website. thx

From: Tom Serface on
So, are you saying you want to just save it if they are saving (no dialog),
but allow them to move around if doing Save As? I think the framework works
like that by default, but you could certainly override the functions and do
it from there as well.

I guess my confusion (and, of course I don't know the whole story) is it
sounds like you are wanting to just click the Save button programatically as
soon as someone goes to save. If you are trying to keep people from saving
files that wouldn't work since it would just save it (as if they clicked the
button), but not give them a chance to put it elsewhere. If you are trying
to keep them from saving wouldn't you want to click Cancel instead?

Anyway, it doesn't matter if I understand it or not, I was just curious.
Hopefully, Joe's advice helped you find the ID you were looking for.

> Tom. thx. Sorry for not mentioning this is a third party application which
> is not supporting automation of "Save As". Hence i was trying to find a
> work around. I am not writing a malaware, there are utilities like
> "ClickYes" which does the same functionality but on a different dialog.
>
> thx.
>
> "Tom Serface" <tserface(a)msn.com> wrote in message
>> You you want it to automatically click the save button why not just save
>> the file without popping up the dialog at all? I guess I'm wondering how
>> you (or your program) would know that they found the folder or typed in
>> the file name they really wanted. If you are only looking for a folder
>> and already know the file name you might want to consider a folder
>> browser (SHBrowseForFolder) instead.
>>
>> Tom
>>
>> "skg" <skg(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>I have an application which pops up file "Save as" dialog. I am trying to
>>>automate <save> button click.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately i am unable to get the handle of the "Button" with the
>>> text "Save".
>>>
>>> I used spy++. but it does not show the button as window.
>>>
>>> Please suggest.
>>> thx

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: _stprintf
Next: debug assertion occcont.cpp line 916