From: Tero Koskinen on
Hi,

I know that there is already some sites running AWS[1],
but they are still somewhat rare, so I decided to share
my site, stronglytyped.org.

The site is running on a Linux-based Virtual Private Server (VPS),
which actually hosts three web sites:

http://www.stronglytyped.org/
- the main site, currently no content, just links to Ada resources

http://ahven.stronglytyped.org/
- web pages for my unit testing framework

http://tkoskine.iki.fi/
- my personal homepage

Technical details:
This all is done using AWS' virtual hosting capabilities and there
is NO other web server (like Apache or lighttpd) used. The executable
runs under restricted account and I forward port 80 to the actual
server port using iptables. (Because ports below 1024 are available
only for root.)

The VPS is Linode 360 setup from linode.com and it is running Debian
stable.

In addition, there is subdomain http://hg.stronglytyped.org/
which hosts some of my public Ada code, but it is served externally
by http://bitbucket.org/ (Python/Django-powered site).

Oh, and special thanks to Debian Ada maintainers, who provide
a nice set of Ada packages (including AWS) working out of the box.

--
Tero Koskinen - http://tkoskine.iki.fi/

[1] Like http://ada-ru.org/ or parts of libre.adacore.com
From: Midoan on
On Dec 21, 7:26 pm, Tero Koskinen <tero.koski...(a)iki.fi> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know that there is already some sites running AWS[1],
> but they are still somewhat rare, so I decided to share
> my site, stronglytyped.org.
>
> The site is running on a Linux-based Virtual Private Server (VPS),
> which actually hosts three web sites:
>
>  http://www.stronglytyped.org/
>     - the main site, currently no content, just links to Ada resources
>
>  http://ahven.stronglytyped.org/
>     - web pages for my unit testing framework
>
>  http://tkoskine.iki.fi/
>     - my personal homepage
>
> Technical details:
> This all is done using AWS' virtual hosting capabilities and there
> is NO other web server (like Apache or lighttpd) used.  The executable
> runs under restricted account and I forward port 80 to the actual
> server port using iptables. (Because ports below 1024 are available
> only for root.)
>
> The VPS is Linode 360 setup from linode.com and it is running Debian
> stable.
>
> In addition, there is subdomainhttp://hg.stronglytyped.org/
> which hosts some of my public Ada code, but it is served externally
> byhttp://bitbucket.org/(Python/Django-powered site).
>
> Oh, and special thanks to Debian Ada maintainers, who provide
> a nice set of Ada packages (including AWS) working out of the box.
>
> --
> Tero Koskinen -http://tkoskine.iki.fi/
>
> [1] Likehttp://ada-ru.org/or parts of libre.adacore.com

Wow, it's fast !
well done.

---
Automatic test data generation for Ada at http://www.midoan.com/
From: Thomas Løcke "tl at on
Tero Koskinen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know that there is already some sites running AWS[1],
> but they are still somewhat rare, so I decided to share
> my site, stronglytyped.org.
>
> The site is running on a Linux-based Virtual Private Server (VPS),
> which actually hosts three web sites:
>
> http://www.stronglytyped.org/
> - the main site, currently no content, just links to Ada resources
>
> http://ahven.stronglytyped.org/
> - web pages for my unit testing framework
>
> http://tkoskine.iki.fi/
> - my personal homepage
>
> Technical details:
> This all is done using AWS' virtual hosting capabilities and there
> is NO other web server (like Apache or lighttpd) used. The executable
> runs under restricted account and I forward port 80 to the actual
> server port using iptables. (Because ports below 1024 are available
> only for root.)

Congratulations on the new AWS powered site Tero. I'll look forward to
following its growth. :o)

> The VPS is Linode 360 setup from linode.com and it is running Debian
> stable.

http://ada-dk.org is also hosted on a Linode 360 setup. They do indeed
provide a great service at a very reasonable price.

--
Regards,
Thomas L�cke

Email: tl at ada-dk.org
Web: http:ada-dk.org
IRC nick: ThomasLocke
From: Pascal Obry on
Tero,

Thanks for sharing these links. Nice to see some public AWS hosted web
sites!

--| Pascal Obry Team-Ada Member
--| http://www.obry.net - http://v2p.fr.eu.org
--|

From: Ludovic Brenta on
Tero Koskinen wrote on comp.lang.ada:
> Hi,
>
> I know that there is already some sites running AWS[1],
> but they are still somewhat rare, so I decided to share
> my site, stronglytyped.org.
[...]
> Oh, and special thanks to Debian Ada maintainers, who provide
> a nice set of Ada packages (including AWS) working out of the box.

Thanks for that. I do not ask or receive payment for all that work;
my only reward is this kind of recognition, so your post is very
motivating. I uploaded AWS 2.7 to unstable just a few days ago.

Also, you are now correct to use the plural since several people have
started contributing to Ada in Debian. I am proud of my apprentices
and I hope they grow into full Debian Developers one day :)

--
Ludovic Brenta.