From: jim2266 on
Hi was looking for some advice it appears that our stsadm.exe, is not a valid
win32 application, would i be correct in syaing that this is not fixable
without recreating a new portal.

Thanks in advance
From: Mike Walsh on
stsadm comes with lots of different SP products.

Do you have WSS 2.0 or WSS 3.0 ?

(Those products are covered here - "portal" is covered in
microsoft.public.sharepoint.portalserver)

Mike Walsh
WSS FAQ http://www.wssfaq.com
no questions by e-mail please

From: jim2266 on
Thanks Mike for your swift reply, sorry to have omitted this , it is wss 2.0
i am using.

From: jim2266 on
Is there anyone who could advise on this, not much on internet about this
erreor at all, again thanks

From: jim2266 on
Just incase this ever crops up again, I managed to resolve this issue, by
coping the stsadm.exe from the original sts.cab and this seemed to resolve.
Thanks