From: JD on
Any help with the following is much appreciated. I have a set of data with
unique ID numbers. There are multiple entries for each Unique ID with
different values associated with each ID. for instance, see this table

ID Zone Lot Area existing Square feet slope
allowed sf
3 RE_15 100 200 _15
300
3 RE_15 100 200
_30_44 500
3 RE_15 200 200
_45_66 600
5 RE_40 100 500
_30_44 600

What I want to do is to be able to summarize the info associated with each
unique ID. I would like to have a line that includes the ID, the associated
Zone (only one zone per ID), the total lot area for each ID, the total
existing square feet, and the total allowed sf. So, for instance, I'd like
the summary table to show

ID Zone Lot Area existing Square feet slope
allowed sf
3 RE_15 400 200
1400
5 RE_40 100 500
600

is there a way to do this through the subtotals? I have hundreds of rows so
I don't want to work with each ID separately.

Thanks.

From: Luke M on
You could probably do this with a PivotTable. Setup the ID and Zone as Row
fields, and the three totals as Data fields. Note that you may need to play
with the layout of the data fields to get them to show up in columns as
opposed to rows, and make sure they are displaying sums, not counts.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M