From: Fabrizio on
Hello everyone
I'm trying to install sun cluster 3.2 on x86 Solaris 10u2
but when I lunch the scinstall after all I got this message

Checking for global devices global file system ... done
scinstall: /global/.devices/node@1 is not found

scinstall: scinstall did NOT complete successfully!

this is my vfstab entry

/dev/md/dsk/d25 - /globaldevices ufs 2 yes -

so what did I do wrong?
it's not my first time that I'm installing sun cluster 3.x and I never
got this error.
bye
Fabrizio

From: Pablo Ruiz on
Fabrizio wrote:
> Hello everyone
> I'm trying to install sun cluster 3.2 on x86 Solaris 10u2
> but when I lunch the scinstall after all I got this message
>
> Checking for global devices global file system ... done
> scinstall: /global/.devices/node@1 is not found
>
> scinstall: scinstall did NOT complete successfully!
>
> this is my vfstab entry
>
> /dev/md/dsk/d25 - /globaldevices ufs 2 yes -
>
> so what did I do wrong?
> it's not my first time that I'm installing sun cluster 3.x and I never
> got this error.
> bye
> Fabrizio

You need Solaris 10u3
From: suraj.verma on
It could be that the /globaldevices partition is failing to get mounted
as /global/.devices/node@1 on node 1. Checking /var/adm/messages or
install log will give information on mount failure.
If this is the problem, it could potentially be due to using the same
partition being used as /globaldevices from different nodes; or there
may be some other reason.