From: bilbo222 on

I am getting this error message at startup:

svchost.exe - application error
instruction at "0x71ab6a55 " referanced memory at "0x71ab6a55" the
memory could not be written. Click OK to terminate.

When I do I get:
Explorer.exe - application error
instruction at "0x10007786 " referanced memory at "0x71ab4a07" the
memory could not be written. Click OK to terminate.

Then it goes back to another svchost error, never allowing me to get to
the desktop.

I tried going into the Task Manager and deleting the svchost processes
one at a time but I continue to get the error message until I get the
message saying that the computer will shut down in one minute.

Next time In Task manager, I deleted explorer, then went to file run and
found explorer in the windows dir. After I ran it, windows started up
OK. But I have to do this every time to get into Windows.

Help me please.
I hope that I placed this in the right category...

John

--
bilbo222
bilbo222's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/202655.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Jose on
On Mar 31, 4:57 pm, bilbo222 <bilbo222.48p...(a)DoNotSpam.com> wrote:
> I am getting this error message at startup:
>
> svchost.exe - application error
> instruction at "0x71ab6a55 " referanced memory at "0x71ab6a55" the
> memory could not be written. Click OK to terminate.
>
> When I do I get:
> Explorer.exe - application error
> instruction at "0x10007786 " referanced memory at "0x71ab4a07" the
> memory could not be written. Click OK to terminate.
>
> Then it goes back to another svchost error, never allowing me to get to
> the desktop.
>
> I tried going into the Task Manager and deleting the svchost processes
> one at a time but I continue to get the error message until I get the
> message saying that the computer will shut down in one minute.
>
> Next time In Task manager, I deleted explorer, then went to file run and
> found explorer in the windows dir. After I ran it, windows started up
> OK. But I have to do this every time to get into Windows.
>
> Help me please.
> I hope that I placed this in the right category...
>
> John
>
> --
> bilbo222
> bilbo222's Profile:http://forums.techarena.in/members/202655.htm
> View this thread:http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1322747.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

That is a good effort and good information and cleverly good that you
can launch explorer from TM, but of course you should not have to do
that.

What is your current antivirus and malware situation? McAfee, Norton,
Spybot, AVG, ZoneAlarm, etc.

Perform some scans for malicious software, then fix any remaining
issues:

Download, install, update and do a full scan with these free malware
detection programs:

Malwarebytes (MBAM): http://malwarebytes.org/
SUPERAntiSpyware: (SAS): http://www.superantispyware.com/

They can be uninstalled later if desired.

If you still have issues:

To eliminate questions and guessing, please provide additional
information about your system.

Click Start, Run and in the box enter:

msinfo32

Click OK, and when the System Summary info appears, click Edit, Select
All, Copy and then paste the information back here.

There will be some personal information (like System Name and User
Name), and whatever appears to be private information to you, just
delete it from the pasted information.