From: tazkoba on

Starting windows xp professsional sp3 we have been receiving svchost
application error at 0x0116164e referenced memory 0x666f6f48.
This error also shows up when opening windiws explorer and when typing a
site in IE7 address line.

Other symptoms - when opening my computer the svchost error shows up and
there is a laq before the mapped drives are displayed.

We tried:
1. scan for viruses = none found
2. unchecked automatic updates - rebooted and checked automatic
updates
3. performed chkdsk - did not fix issue
4. safe mode still had this error

How can we trouble shoot and repair? Other than this error the computer
works well.

--
tazkoba
tazkoba's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/219864.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Barry Schwarz on
On Thu, 13 May 2010 15:44:24 -0700, "The Real Truth MVP"
<trt(a)void.com> wrote:

>Try my Svchosts Fix tool. Download it here http://www.ms-mvp.org/

This is not the MVP site despite its fake logos.

The correct MVP site is http://www.mvps.org/.

--
Remove del for email

Pages: 1