From: Billy11 on
I'm very new with Access, so I appreciate your patience and help. I created a
database with 4 tables in it and later found that I didn't need one, so I
deleted it. Let's call that Table B. I'm left with Tables A, C, & D. (I had
established a relationship between Table A & B before I deleted it.) Now,
when I attempt to create a subdatasheet in Table A, I get a dialogue box that
says "The table or query name 'Table B' you entered in either the property
sheet or macro is misspelled or refers to a table or query that doesn't
exist." Well, I didn't create a query or a macro. How do I correct this so I
can proceed with the subdatasheets.
--
Billy
From: ruralguy via AccessMonster.com on
SubData sheets impact the performance of the system. I turn them off.
http://allenbrowne.com/bug-09.html

Billy11 wrote:
>I'm very new with Access, so I appreciate your patience and help. I created a
>database with 4 tables in it and later found that I didn't need one, so I
>deleted it. Let's call that Table B. I'm left with Tables A, C, & D. (I had
>established a relationship between Table A & B before I deleted it.) Now,
>when I attempt to create a subdatasheet in Table A, I get a dialogue box that
>says "The table or query name 'Table B' you entered in either the property
>sheet or macro is misspelled or refers to a table or query that doesn't
>exist." Well, I didn't create a query or a macro. How do I correct this so I
>can proceed with the subdatasheets.

--
RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

From: John W. Vinson on
On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 09:40:07 -0800, Billy11
<Billy11(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm very new with Access, so I appreciate your patience and help. I created a
>database with 4 tables in it and later found that I didn't need one, so I
>deleted it. Let's call that Table B. I'm left with Tables A, C, & D. (I had
>established a relationship between Table A & B before I deleted it.) Now,
>when I attempt to create a subdatasheet in Table A, I get a dialogue box that
>says "The table or query name 'Table B' you entered in either the property
>sheet or macro is misspelled or refers to a table or query that doesn't
>exist." Well, I didn't create a query or a macro. How do I correct this so I
>can proceed with the subdatasheets.

Open TableA in design view and view its Properties. I suspect that the table's
Subdatasheet property references TableB. Set this property to [None] and you
should be back in business.

You should also view the Database's Options and turn *off* Track Name
Autocorrect - this feature has richly earned the nickname "Name Autocorrupt".
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: David W. Fenton on
John W. Vinson <jvinson(a)STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote in

> You should also view the Database's Options and turn *off* Track
> Name Autocorrect - this feature has richly earned the nickname
> "Name Autocorrupt".

Not meaning to dispute the recommendation that it should probably be
OFF in most cases, I'm finding it useful in a project I'm working on
right now, where all the table fields are prefixed with the prefixes
I only use for variable names. Every text field is named
txtSomething. This is highly annoying to me, as you it's impossible
to navigate a field list by typing the first letter of the field
you're looking for.

In any event, when I'm done doing the renaming and checking all the
dependencies, I'll turn Name AutoCorrect OFF. I think the problems
with it likely come from it being turned on for production use
(where it's just not needed).

It's certainly making my life easier for this preliminary work on
this new project.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
From: John W. Vinson on
On 31 Jan 2010 01:55:52 GMT, "David W. Fenton" <XXXusenet(a)dfenton.com.invalid>
wrote:

>Not meaning to dispute the recommendation that it should probably be
>OFF in most cases, I'm finding it useful in a project I'm working on
>right now, where all the table fields are prefixed with the prefixes
>I only use for variable names. Every text field is named
>txtSomething. This is highly annoying to me, as you it's impossible
>to navigate a field list by typing the first letter of the field
>you're looking for.
>
>In any event, when I'm done doing the renaming and checking all the
>dependencies, I'll turn Name AutoCorrect OFF. I think the problems
>with it likely come from it being turned on for production use
>(where it's just not needed).

Good point David - it's been a couple of years but I've done the same: turn it
on, make specific changes, and turn it back off. Thanks!
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]