From: selvam on
Hi all,

I am processing seismic data(Seismic Unix-SU) and i could use
"suxwigb"(su wrapper for xwigb) to display the traces in a window.Now
i need to add scroll bars to the window so that user can navigate
using it.I just started with tcl/tk-wish.
I need to pass the window which i am getting using xwigb to the tcl/tk
program and attach the scroll bars to it.Any help would be really make
my path easier.

Note:
May i use canvas to achieve it ?,if so, how to pass the resulting
traces in the window to the program and append it to canvas ?
From: Arjen Markus on
On 8 sep, 09:08, selvam <s.selvams...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I am processing seismic data(Seismic Unix-SU) and i could use
> "suxwigb"(su wrapper for xwigb) to display the traces in a window.Now
> i need to add scroll bars to the window so that user can navigate
> using it.I just started with tcl/tk-wish.
> I need to pass the window which i am getting using xwigb to the tcl/tk
> program and attach the scroll bars to it.Any help would be really make
> my path easier.
>
> Note:
>    May i use canvas to achieve it ?,if so, how to pass the resulting
> traces in the window to the program and append it to canvas ?

The Wiki contains several examples of attaching scrollbars to
the canvas. http://wiki.tcl.tk/9268 could be a starting
point.

There is a scrolling option in Plotchart (part of Tklib) but
I am not sure that is enough for you. BLT may be another
plotting package to solve this problem. The ScrollingWindow
widget in BWidget could serve too - create a large canvas
as a child.

Basically though: the scrollbar can be connected with a
canvas move subcommand. No time now to provide an example,
I am afraid.

Regards,

Arjen

From: selvam on
On Sep 8, 12:28 pm, Arjen Markus <arjen.markus...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8 sep, 09:08, selvam <s.selvams...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
>
> >  I am processing seismic data(Seismic Unix-SU) and i could use
> > "suxwigb"(su wrapper for xwigb) to display the traces in a window.Now
> > i need to add scroll bars to the window so that user can navigate
> > using it.I just started with tcl/tk-wish.
> > I need to pass the window which i am getting using xwigb to the tcl/tk
> > program and attach the scroll bars to it.Any help would be really make
> > my path easier.
>
> > Note:
> >    May i use canvas to achieve it ?,if so, how to pass the resulting
> > traces in the window to the program and append it to canvas ?
>
> The Wiki contains several examples of attaching scrollbars to
> the canvas.http://wiki.tcl.tk/9268could be a starting
> point.
>
> There is a scrolling option in Plotchart (part of Tklib) but
> I am not sure that is enough for you. BLT may be another
> plotting package to solve this problem. The ScrollingWindow
> widget in BWidget could serve too - create a large canvas
> as a child.
>
> Basically though: the scrollbar can be connected with a
> canvas move subcommand. No time now to provide an example,
> I am afraid.
>
> Regards,
>
> Arjen

Arjen,Thanks for your quick response,

I should not have any problem in displaying a canvas with some
data.But i need to show/implement the graphical window(output of
suxwigb or xwigb) within the tcl/tk wish program.i.e That graphical
window of xwigb( http://sepwww.stanford.edu/oldsep/cliner/files/suhelp/xwigb.txt
)does not seem to have scrolling option.So i must find a way to
implement xwigb in our tcl/tk.

I would be happy to get your inputs.
From: Arjen Markus on
On 8 sep, 13:56, selvam <s.selvams...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 8, 12:28 pm, Arjen Markus <arjen.markus...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On 8 sep, 09:08, selvam <s.selvams...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hi all,
>
> > >  I am processing seismic data(Seismic Unix-SU) and i could use
> > > "suxwigb"(su wrapper for xwigb) to display the traces in a window.Now
> > > i need to add scroll bars to the window so that user can navigate
> > > using it.I just started with tcl/tk-wish.
> > > I need to pass the window which i am getting using xwigb to the tcl/tk
> > > program and attach the scroll bars to it.Any help would be really make
> > > my path easier.
>
> > > Note:
> > >    May i use canvas to achieve it ?,if so, how to pass the resulting
> > > traces in the window to the program and append it to canvas ?
>
> > The Wiki contains several examples of attaching scrollbars to
> > the canvas.http://wiki.tcl.tk/9268couldbe a starting
> > point.
>
> > There is a scrolling option in Plotchart (part of Tklib) but
> > I am not sure that is enough for you. BLT may be another
> > plotting package to solve this problem. The ScrollingWindow
> > widget in BWidget could serve too - create a large canvas
> > as a child.
>
> > Basically though: the scrollbar can be connected with a
> > canvas move subcommand. No time now to provide an example,
> > I am afraid.
>
> > Regards,
>
> > Arjen
>
> Arjen,Thanks for your quick response,
>
>    I should not have any problem in displaying a canvas with some
> data.But i need to show/implement the graphical window(output of
> suxwigb or xwigb) within the tcl/tk wish program.i.e That graphical
> window of xwigb(http://sepwww.stanford.edu/oldsep/cliner/files/suhelp/xwigb.txt
> )does not seem to have scrolling option.So i must find a way to
> implement xwigb in our tcl/tk.
>
> I would be happy to get your inputs.- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

I am not familiar with that program. Does it produce a bitmap
of the right size and do you want to put that in a scrollable
window (canvas)? That should be easy enough.

Or do you have a set of input data and you want to create
a nice display (graph) of that data, scrollable to make sure
that the details are visible?

Regards,

Arjen
From: Cameron Laird on
In article <a25a45ce-016d-434a-967a-ff8bfe5fa8d1(a)g19g2000yqo.googlegroups.com>,
Arjen Markus <arjen.markus895(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>On 8 sep, 13:56, selvam <s.selvams...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
.
.
.
.
.
.
>> )does not seem to have scrolling option.So i must find a way to
>> implement xwigb in our tcl/tk.
>>
>> I would be happy to get your inputs.- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht
>niet weergeven -
>>
>> - Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -
>
>I am not familiar with that program. Does it produce a bitmap
>of the right size and do you want to put that in a scrollable
>window (canvas)? That should be easy enough.
>
>Or do you have a set of input data and you want to create
>a nice display (graph) of that data, scrollable to make sure
>that the details are visible?
.
.
.
selvam, I have an interest in seismic processing. While I have
no time now to respond fully, I'll monitor your dialogue here
with Arjen, and help a little later in the week.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: single quote problem
Next: Tcl on Google Android phones