From: will551 on
hi
has anyone got a full working tclBlend binary distro for Windows
that they could make available to me?
regards
will551

From: will551 on
I got TclBlend working for windows. Here are some notes:
----
Download TclBlend Package
Download Tcl Package
Download Thread Extension Package
Download Jdk Java Package
extra:
Download msys_mingw.zip compiler for windows package
(I used all the latest versions of these packages as of 27/10/2005)
----
Unpack msys_mingw
Unpack Threads and compile
(sh configure
make
make install)
Unpack Tcl and compile
(sh configure
make
make install)
Unpack Jdk
Unpack TclBlend, point to Tcl and Threads and compile
(sh configure --with-tcl=c:\tcl8.4.11\win --with-thread=c:\thread2.6.2
--with-jdk=c:\sun\appserver\jdk
make
make install)
---
Thats the compilation and installation done
To run it i type c:\msys\local\bin\jtclsh.bat
---
I had problems that the wrong tclblend.dll was being picked from my
PATH so I deleted all versions of tclblend.dll on my drive and did
"make install' on tclBlend again. The error was:
C:\msys\local\bin>
% package require java
Assertion failed: tsdPtr->initialized, file
c:/TCLBLE~1.2/src/native/javaCmd.c,
line 357

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
unusual way.
----
I still had some problems with paths after that. Tclblend.dll did not
seem to be
bein picked up.
I modifed jtclsh.bat to include the tclblend.dll in my PATH variable
Error was:
(C:\msys\local\bin>
% package require jav
can't find package jav
% package require java
"XpUtils::iload -d c:/msys/local/lib/tcljava1.3.2 tclblend" failed:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no tclblend in java.library.path
While instantiating Interp object in Tclblend_Init
The Tcl Blend shared lib was loaded by Tcl,
but the JVM could not access JNI symbols.
%
)
--
will551