From: Shuang Guan on
Hi, I can't use all the applicaitons in the office student and teacher
edition 2003 now. At the begining, it was the outlook. When I try to open it,
it appeared " the microsoft outlook has not been installed for current user.
please install the application". However, after I reinstalled the office
programes, all the applications such as word, excel had the same problem as
outlook's.

And now, when I log in as the administrator in the safe model, I could open
other applications in the office except the outlook. It was said that "the
operation failed dut to an installation problem. restart outlook and try
again. if the problem persists, please reinstall". And when I log in in a
normal model, I still can't use all the office applications.

The "everyone" account in security tab of the properties of opa11.dat is set
to full controll. And I have install the window sevice pack 2

I am really appreciated for any help! Thank you very much!

shuang

From: Roady [MVP] on
How did you install Office? Best is to start over again; remove the
application through Control Panel-> Add/Remove Programs. Reboot your
computer and make sure that NO ONE is logged in! Logon as the administrator
and install the application. Launch it once under the administrator account
and make sure you have it activated. Now log on as a user and it should work
as well.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows
-Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data

-----

From: Shuang Guan on
I tried your method, but it didn't work.
The first time I installed the office was under the administrator account.
And they worked very well. I think my friend changed something in the Outlook
applicaiton, becuase when I opend Outlook one day I saw her email address and
I was not the current user from that moment. I only have one account on my
computer which is administrator. But when I start my computer under safe
mode, I can see another administrator. I can use all the office applications
as that administrator except Outlook. I have "the operation failed due to an
installation problem. restart outlook and try again. if the problem persists,
please reinstall" problem under any administrator account.

I am really appreciated for your help! Thank you so much!

shuang