From: David Schwartz on
On Mar 12, 10:01 am, Nicolas George <nicolas$geo...(a)salle-s.org>
wrote:

> Could you explain us the standard, then?
>
>     If the errorfds argument is not a null pointer, it points to an object of
>     type fd_set that on input specifies the file descriptors to be checked for
>     error conditions pending, and on output indicates which file descriptors
>     have error conditions pending.

This is very unfortunate wording, cause of much confusion, and
probably the source of the myth I was referring to. The standard does
not mean by "error conditions" what the myth suggests it means. If the
connect fails, there is no "error condition" pending on the socket.

DS