From: Dudley Hanks on
Here's a down-sized copy of the pic I'd like to submit for GDB's 2011
calendar.

http://www.blind-apertures.ca/images/TrafficCheck.jpg

Just wondering if Mich is in focus, or if there are any other glaring
problems ...

Have fun; pick it to pieces!

Take Care,
Dudley

From: Irwell on
On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 01:57:15 GMT, Dudley Hanks wrote:

> Here's a down-sized copy of the pic I'd like to submit for GDB's 2011
> calendar.
>
> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/images/TrafficCheck.jpg
>
> Just wondering if Mich is in focus, or if there are any other glaring
> problems ...
>
> Have fun; pick it to pieces!
>
> Take Care,
> Dudley

Nice sharp picture, I would think that you would be wise
to blur the telephone number on the dog's ID.
From: Dudley Hanks on

"Irwell" <hook(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 01:57:15 GMT, Dudley Hanks wrote:
>
>> Here's a down-sized copy of the pic I'd like to submit for GDB's 2011
>> calendar.
>>
>> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/images/TrafficCheck.jpg
>>
>> Just wondering if Mich is in focus, or if there are any other glaring
>> problems ...
>>
>> Have fun; pick it to pieces!
>>
>> Take Care,
>> Dudley
>
> Nice sharp picture, I would think that you would be wise
> to blur the telephone number on the dog's ID.

Thanks for the feedback.

Gotta remember to check for numbers on those darn tags ...

Oh, well, it's been done so many times, the numbers pretty much in the
public domain, now. Besides, what's a few more death threats ... :)

Take Care,
Dudley

From: NameHere on
<dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote:

>Here's a down-sized copy of the pic I'd like to submit for GDB's 2011
>calendar.
>
>http://www.blind-apertures.ca/images/TrafficCheck.jpg
>
>Just wondering if Mich is in focus, or if there are any other glaring
>problems ...
>
>Have fun; pick it to pieces!
>
>Take Care,
>Dudley

Sorry, I don't get paid enough to be someone's seeing-eye dog.

From: Chrlz on
On Apr 12, 11:57 am, "Dudley Hanks" <dha...(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote:
> Here's a down-sized copy of the pic I'd like to submit for GDB's 2011
> calendar.
>
> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/images/TrafficCheck.jpg
>
> Just wondering if Mich is in focus, or if there are any other glaring
> problems ...
>
> Have fun; pick it to pieces!
>
> Take Care,
> Dudley

That's actually a pretty cool image - unconventional, but it works,
somehow. The bits that should be sharp are, and you've got the depth
of field about right for the shot that you (might have?!)
visualised.. ;o)

Technically, the sky is pretty badly washed out.. Ok, it's not the
subject of the shot, but it's a bit distracting. I'm not an expert on
the Canon's ability to fill-flash in this way, but I'm guessing the
problem was using ISO 800... For daylight fill-flash shots with a
focal plane shutter, I think that's asking for trouble... :)