From: Doug Miller on
In article <1699443.UYFuaPT4Ef(a)PointedEars.de>, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <cljs(a)PointedEars.de> wrote:
>Doug Miller wrote:
>
>> Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
>>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>>>The perspective was not any server-side application here.
>>
>> Actually, yes it was, since the OP was asking how to accomplish a task
>> *without* using javascript, and my discussion with him described in a
>> general way how to manage it using server-side scripting.
>
>You are wrong, read again. (I had already marked the important part, how
>could you miss it twice?)

No, you didn't mark the important part, and I didn't miss it. You did. The
important part is in this sentence from the first post in the thread, which
had already been trimmed out before these messages appeared:

"Now, if I posit 'javascript off' I must needs do it with straight URLS,
and only GET variables embedded in it to control server side behaviour."

*That* is the context in which I was replying: javascript off.