From: Brad Pears on
We have a windows 2000 sbs running exchange 2000. On Friday, I was asked to
disable one of our employees. I did this by right-clicking their ad profile
and selected "disable". Today, they asked me to reinstate this employee. I
went to their ad profile, right-clicked and selected "enable".

They can now log onto our domain with no issues, but when the lauch their
Outlook 2002 client, they get the following error... "unable to start
processing services. you do not have permission to log on."

As well, no one can send the user email - they get an NDR "delivery denied"
error.

I have done this many times in the past with other accounts and have not had
any issues. I am unsure what to look for here as nothing has changed with
the users account.

If anyone has had this issue or can recommend any potential solutions, I am
all ears! I have not tried a reboot of the server yet as it is difficult to
bounce it during work hours.

Please help!

Thanks, Brad

From: John Oliver, Jr. [MVP] on
Can they login through OWA successfully? If not, check the Event Log on the
SBS Server to see what error is fired when this happens.

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA

From: Brad Pears on
Funny, this morning it seems to be working all of a sudden... strange...

I have another personal question(s) for you though... I see you have both
the MSCE and CCNA certs to your credit. I have been looking at obtaining
these certs as well. How did you do yours? Did you do it through self study,
e-learning, a classroom setting etc... I live in an area where classroom
training is out of the question so my only possibilities of obtaining the
certs are through MS e-learning, an on-line training company or buy some
books and do it myself. I would prefer an e-learning or online company to
lead me through the whole thing - I just learn better that way... Would you
have any recommendations at all for any companies that provide these
certification courses through on line learning and are reputable?? There
are many of them out there - picking one is a tricky business! Do you know
anything personally about a company called QuickCert? I have read both good
and bad... They provide these courses through an on-line training program
at reasonable prices...

Thanks, Brad

From: John Oliver, Jr. [MVP] on
Brad,

For my MSCE Certification I went to a two week training school in Utah,
cannot remember the name since its been so long ago. The school I attended
was a VUE testing site so it made it real easy to complete my training
during the week and take the test onsite. As for the CCNA, I read some good
CCNA books and setup a lab to learn with. When it comes down to it, if you
put the study time for both of these certs, you will pass the tests. Do not
discouraged if you fail on your first attempt as the tests are not exactly
real world solutions that I would normally do in a certain test question,
which I have never liked, they are geared towards they Microsoft or Cisco
way of completing the task. That was my biggest hurdle, but once I learned
that I passed with flying colors.

From: Brad Pears on
Thanks for that reply John. That's great information.