From: Kevin Collins on
On 2009-12-09, Seebs <usenet-nospam(a)seebs.net> wrote:
> On 2009-12-09, Kevin Collins <spamtotrash(a)toomuchfiction.com> wrote:
>> I suspect the the OP means RedHat Enterprise Linux 4.5, which is not all that
>> old...
>
> I'd consider it fairly old; I don't think it's still supported, for instance.
>
> That said, the "mysterious stuff going wrong we don't understand" is also a
> pretty big deal.

No, its not that old (maybe a couple years)... RHEL 3, 4 and 5 are all
supported - that's why they are "Enterprise". The most recent update for RHEL4
is 4.8, which was released in May 2009:

http://press.redhat.com/2009/05/18/red-hat-enterprise-linux-4-8-now-available/

RHEL 4.5 was apparently released in May 2007:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/nahant-list/2007-May/msg00008.html

Keep in mind I am talking "RedHat Enterprise Linux" and not "RedHat Linux".

Kevin

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: manually flush stdout pipe?