From: icccapital on
golf, linq, bruce and david--

Thank you all, this is a great discussion. I am fairly new to front end
design and using all the tools out there to create them. I have for classes
done some database frontend with php and because I found it unweildy for
creating gui I decided to create it in Access. But please, let me know what
your favorite (best) way to create a frontend gui that you have found, I am
very interested to learn.

Also, as stated before I have found the limitations of the jet database
engine too much and would like to move to a sql express backend, so much of
what I am doing now is to help with that transfer. When I did a first test
upscale to sql and ran it, I found it to be terribly slow because it turned
out that access forms were making a lot of calls to the database so I was
attempting to simplify that part of it. Please let me know your thoughts on
what the best way to goa bout this is, assuming I don't switch to another
frontend.

I know this might be vague so ask directing questions. I hate to make the
question so long by adding every detail I know.

Thanks again for all the thoughts and help.