From: J11davidson on
I am creating charts in Excel and then via the Paste Special finction I paste
them into Powerpoint as a linked object.

This is so I may update the Excel sheets and refresh them in the powerpoint
slides as and when required.

This is working fine for me but when a colleague opens both the Excel and
the Powerpoint presentation they are not able to refresh the links. Instead
they receive the error message " The linked file was unavailable and can't be
updated"

we did not have this problem with earlier version of Office so I would
appreciate it if anybody has a solöution.

Both the files are in the same folder.
From: trip_to_tokyo on
Where are the files?

Are the EXCEL and PowerPoint files both on your c:\ (local) drive or are
they on a network drive that you share with your colleague (and that you can
both see and both have read / write access to).