From: FatBear on
Using XP HE SP2, want to update to SP3 but can't sem to get it. After going
to MS update site and allowing for file validation the site keeps timing out.

Noticed the following error for another update that didn't load.

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows
2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows
Server 2008 R2 (KB953297)

Any ideas why or how to get SP3 installed?
Need SP3 to run WEP encription over wireless network.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
in the background when you attempted to install SP3?

it)?

How to troubleshoot an unsuccessful installation of WinXP SP3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718

http://msmvps.com/blogs/harrywaldron/archive/2008/05/08/windows-xp-sp3-read-all-prerequisites-for-a-successful-installation.aspx

Free unlimited installation and compatibility support for WinXP SP3 was
available from 14 April 2008 thru May 2009. Such support will cost you
US$59 or higher per incident now.

Note: Support for WinXP (x86) SP2 ends on 13 July 2010. After that date,
computers running WinXP (x86) SP2 "will no longer receive software updates
from Windows Update" (i.e., Automatic Updates will not work and Windows
Update website will not be accessible) until SP3 is installed.

• What does it mean if my version of Windows is no longer supported?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/what-does-end-of-support-mean
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

FatBear wrote:
> Using XP HE SP2, want to update to SP3 but can't sem to get it. After
> going
> to MS update site and allowing for file validation the site keeps timing
> out.
>
> Noticed the following error for another update that didn't load.
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows
> 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and
> Windows
> Server 2008 R2 (KB953297)
>
> Any ideas why or how to get SP3 installed?
> Need SP3 to run WEP encription over wireless network.

Pages: 1
Prev: Window Update (KB976321)
Next: Micro soft updates