From: Volker Lendecke on
On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 10:14:46AM +0200, Frank Bonnet wrote:
> I'm in trouble upgrading samba from 3.4.3 to 3.5.2
> with Debian Lenny (AMD64)
>
> I use compiled (without error) version if samba with such options

Please replace the existing libwbclient in /lib with the one
you just compiled.

Volker
Hello Volker

There is actually no libwbclient in /lib ... not elsewhere too it seems

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 11:04:11AM +0200, Frank Bonnet wrote:
> There is actually no libwbclient in /lib ... not elsewhere too it seems

Sorry, I was not precise: The file is called libwbclient.so,
libwbclient.so.1 or another number at the end. You might try
to issue a

find / -name libwbclient\*

to find the location of the existing libwbclient. If there
is none, your old Samba installation is just incomplete and
can not have worked. libwbclient is an important component
of the Samba software suite since version 3.2.

Volker
On 04/16/10 11:30, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> find / -name libwbclient\*

Or maybe I just have to simply copy it to the /lib directory ?

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 03:48:13PM +0200, Frank Bonnet wrote:
> On 04/16/10 11:30, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> >find / -name libwbclient\*
>
> Or maybe I just have to simply copy it to the /lib directory ?

Yes. And after that call ldconfig.

Volker