From: Leonardo Carneiro - Veltrac on
No, you didn't searched. Go to google and try "samba windows7"

vishesh kumar wrote:
> Dear all
> May be this question asked earlier in list but i didn't able to search
> exact . I have samba+ldap domain setup on RHEL 5.1 and samba version is
> 3.0.28. Today i got a windows 7 system , but i am not able to join that
> system in our samba+ldap domain. Do i need to do any registry tweaking. I
> can't upgrade own samba version beyond 3.0.33 because this maximum version i
> get if i update my system to RHEL 5.5.
>
> Thanks

> May be this question asked earlier in list but i didn't able to search
> exact . I have samba+ldap domain setup on RHEL 5.1 and samba version is
> 3.0.28. Today i got a windows 7 system , but i am not able to join that
> system in our samba+ldap domain. Do i need to do any registry tweaking. I
> can't upgrade own samba version beyond 3.0.33 because this maximum version i
> get if i update my system to RHEL 5.5.

With the version you have you won't make it work.

You can use a more recent Sernet package for CentOS 5:

http://ftp.sernet.de/pub/samba/

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 4:32 PM, vishesh kumar <linuxtovishesh(a)gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear all
> May be this question asked earlier in list but i didn't able to search
> exact . I have samba+ldap domain setup on RHEL 5.1 and samba version is
> 3.0.28. Today i got a windows 7 system , but i am not able to join that
> system in our samba+ldap domain. Do i need to do any registry tweaking. I
> can't upgrade own samba version beyond 3.0.33 because this maximum version
> get if i update my system to RHEL 5.5.
>
> Thanks

Hi

RHEL5.5 ships samba3x package also along with samba-3.0.33 ,
samba3x-3.3.8-0.51.el5 supports Windows 7 to be added as client to samba
PDC.

check the release notes of RHEL5.5
http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5.5/html/Release_Notes/ar01s08.html

Check samba section in the above link

Regards
Niranjan

On 2010-04-16 12:20, Miguel Medalha wrote:

>> May be this question asked earlier in list but i didn't able to search
>> exact . I have samba+ldap domain setup on RHEL 5.1 and samba version is
>> 3.0.28. Today i got a windows 7 system , but i am not able to join that
>> system in our samba+ldap domain. Do i need to do any registry
>> tweaking. I
>> can't upgrade own samba version beyond 3.0.33 because this maximum
>> version i
>> get if i update my system to RHEL 5.5.
>
> With the version you have you won't make it work.
>
> You can use a more recent Sernet package for CentOS 5:
>
> http://ftp.sernet.de/pub/samba/

Ooops! I wrongly assumed you were on CentOS. You will find the Red Hat
packages at the same Sernet address.
On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 10:50 AM, vishesh kumar
<linuxtovishesh(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for reply.
>
>   I make registry change but same error continues.

Have you restarted the PDC and all BDCs. When I first tested win7 I
forgot to restart 1 of my 3 BDCs after upgrading samba and that caused
the error you are getting for me.

John