From: najafa on
>On Jun 21, 8:56=A0am, "najafa" <nabakah(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi, thanks for that but I need to write the usb detection code myself
>> because I have to save video data from a camera to it and be able to
read
>> the video data from the usb device on an LCD or other displays.
>
>There is a standard (class) for video over USB. If your camera
>follows the standard, there is code available for that:
>http://www.ideasonboard.org/uvc/. If it doesn't follow that standard,
>you'll either need to get details from the camera manufacturer or
>reverse engineer it.
>
> Steve

Thanks Steve. I will check it out.

---------------------------------------
From: najafa on
>> devices
>>
>> >I can't read your brain wave for the moment. =A0Why don't you just try
>> >some of these:
>>
>> >mount /dev/sda1 /disk
>> >cp * /disk
>>
>> Hi, thanks for that but I need to write the usb detection code myself
>> because I have to save video data from a camera to it and be able to
read
>> the video data from the usb device on an LCD or other displays. Any
help
>> with that? =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0
>>
>> --------------------------------------- =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0
>> Posted throughhttp://www.EmbeddedRelated.com
>
>Do you want to send real-time video over USB, or just save and
>retrieve files containing video data? In any case, start here and then
>buy Jan's book:
>
>http://www.lvr.com/usb.htm
>
>--
>Joe

Hello Joe,

Thanks for the help. So grateful. Yes, I want to send real-time video over
USB while streaming from the camera. Any suggestions?

I will check out Jan's book. Been to her website already but never checked
her books.

Thanks again and all suggestions are most welcomed.

---------------------------------------
From: linnix on
On Jun 23, 6:33 am, "najafa" <nabakah(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com> wrote:
> >> devices
> the
> need

> >> Hi, thanks for that but I need to write the usb detection code myself
> >> because I have to save video data from a camera to it and be able to
> read
> >> the video data from the usb device on an LCD or other displays. Any
> help
> >> with that? =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0
>
> >> --------------------------------------- =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0
> >> Posted throughhttp://www.EmbeddedRelated.com
>
> >Do you want to send real-time video over USB, or just save and
> >retrieve files containing video data? In any case, start here and then
> >buy Jan's book:
>
> >http://www.lvr.com/usb.htm
>
> >--
> >Joe
>
> Hello Joe,
>
> Thanks for the help. So grateful. Yes, I want to send real-time video over
> USB while streaming from the camera. Any suggestions?

If you said that earlier, we would have been able to help you quicker.
Anyway, first check the list of cameras supported by the kernel.
Enable the driver supports in the kernel, as well as Linux for Video
features. There are special system calls for picture/video capture
available. Google for "Linux for Video".

From: Nobody on
On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 08:58:49 -0700, linnix wrote:

> Google for "Linux for Video".

The term you want is "Video4Linux" or "V4L".

From: najafa on
>On Jun 23, 6:33=A0am, "najafa" <nabakah(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com> wrote:
>> the
>> need

>try

>> read
>> help

>> >Do you want to send real-time video over USB, or just save and
>> >retrieve files containing video data? In any case, start here and then
>> >buy Jan's book:
>>
>> >http://www.lvr.com/usb.htm
>>
>> >--
>> >Joe
>>
>> Hello Joe,
>>
>> Thanks for the help. So grateful. Yes, I want to send real-time video
ove=
>> USB while streaming from the camera. Any suggestions?
>
>If you said that earlier, we would have been able to help you quicker.
>Anyway, first check the list of cameras supported by the kernel.
>Enable the driver supports in the kernel, as well as Linux for Video
>features. There are special system calls for picture/video capture
>available. Google for "Linux for Video".
>

>> I will check out Jan's book. Been to her website already but never
checke=
>> her books.
>>
>> Thanks again and all suggestions are most welcomed. =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0

>> Posted throughhttp://www.EmbeddedRelated.com

Hi Joe,

The part of streaming real video from the camera has already been done with
Video4Linux. What is left is storing it whiles streaming on to the usb
device and playing it later on an LCD. Still reading Jan's book; but any
suggestions on this is still most appreciated.

Thanks.