From: najafa on
Hello,
Am a newbie in embedded designing and working on detection of usb devices
and sending data mostly video to it for storage in Linux. Am using the c
language. I would like to know if anyone can help me with what I need to
know for my work and if there is a source code that can help me.

Thanks in advance.

---------------------------------------
From: linnix on
On Jun 16, 2:09 pm, "najafa" <nabakah(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> Am a newbie in embedded designing and working on detection of usb devices
> and sending data mostly video to it for storage in Linux. Am using the c
> language. I would like to know if anyone can help me with what I need to
> know for my work and if there is a source code that can help me.

I can't read your brain wave for the moment. Why don't you just try
some of these:

mount /dev/sda1 /disk
cp * /disk
From: najafa on
>On Jun 16, 2:09 pm, "najafa" <nabakah(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>> Am a newbie in embedded designing and working on detection of usb
devices
>> and sending data mostly video to it for storage in Linux. Am using the
>> language. I would like to know if anyone can help me with what I need
>> know for my work and if there is a source code that can help me.
>>

>I can't read your brain wave for the moment. Why don't you just try
>some of these:
>
>mount /dev/sda1 /disk
>cp * /disk

Hi, thanks for that but I need to write the usb detection code myself
because I have to save video data from a camera to it and be able to read
the video data from the usb device on an LCD or other displays. Any help
with that?

---------------------------------------
From: steve_schefter on
On Jun 21, 8:56 am, "najafa" <nabakah(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, thanks for that but I need to write the usb detection code myself
> because I have to save video data from a camera to it and be able to read
> the video data from the usb device on an LCD or other displays.

There is a standard (class) for video over USB. If your camera
follows the standard, there is code available for that:
http://www.ideasonboard.org/uvc/. If it doesn't follow that standard,
you'll either need to get details from the camera manufacturer or
reverse engineer it.

Steve
From: J.A. Legris on
On Jun 21, 8:56 am, "najafa" <nabakah(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Jun 16, 2:09 pm, "najafa" <nabakah(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >> Am a newbie in embedded designing and working on detection of usb
> devices
> >> and sending data mostly video to it for storage in Linux. Am using the
> >> language. I would like to know if anyone can help me with what I need
> >> know for my work and if there is a source code that can help me.
>
> >I can't read your brain wave for the moment.  Why don't you just try
> >some of these:
>
> >mount /dev/sda1 /disk
> >cp * /disk
>
> Hi, thanks for that but I need to write the usb detection code myself
> because I have to save video data from a camera to it and be able to read
> the video data from the usb device on an LCD or other displays. Any help
> with that?

> Posted throughhttp://www.EmbeddedRelated.com

Do you want to send real-time video over USB, or just save and
retrieve files containing video data? In any case, start here and then
buy Jan's book:

http://www.lvr.com/usb.htm

--
Joe