From: navanax on
I have my emails forwarded to my ISP. I want all new out going emails to
have the address of the account that forwards to the ISP. I don't want any
one to see my ISP address. Is this possible with Outlook 07? Thanks
From: VanguardLH on
navanax wrote:

> I have my emails forwarded to my ISP. I want all new out going emails to
> have the address of the account that forwards to the ISP. I don't want any
> one to see my ISP address. Is this possible with Outlook 07? Thanks

In the e-mail accounts that YOU define inside of Outlook, put whatever you
want as your e-mail address. Rare few e-mail providers demand that the From
header's value must match the e-mail address of the account through which
you send your messages.

However, specifying a different e-mail address to show up in the From header
will NOT hide that your e-mails originated from your ISP than from your
forwarding services. You have no control over the Received and other
headers that your e-mail servers prepends to your messages. Recipients that
look in the headers of e-mails from you can see your e-mails where you claim
you use domainA for yourname(a)domainA.com can see those e-mails actually
originated from domainB (your ISP). Not many users dig into the headers
that much. Few of those will care that your e-mail address you want them to
see is for a different domain then from where you send your e-mails;
however, there are some folks that may get suspicious, especially if you are
an unknown or untrusted sender for the e-mails that they receive from you.
From: njem on
On Mar 23, 8:06 pm, navanax <nava...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have my emails forwarded to my ISP.  I want all new out going emails to
> have the address of the account that forwards to the ISP.  I don't want any
> one to see my ISP address.  Is this possible with Outlook 07? Thanks

The "reply to" address is set in the account settings for the account.
So you can set it to what you want. And the originating address is
whatever is set in there too. You mean you have incomming emails
forwarded to your ISPs web mail or pop mail you then fetch from them?
That won't affect your outgoing. Although if you reply or forward an
email that went through your ISPs mail it may be in the header
someplace. Send one to yourself, view full headers and see what's
there.
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"njem" <njem(a)q.com> wrote in message

> The "reply to" address is set in the account settings for the account.

The Reply-To address won't meet the OP's criteria.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]