From: Bill Cunningham on
Are there any groups o USENET that are for networking and network
designers? I need to get together with someone and IRC or usenet pretty bad.
I have some things to work out concerning networking. And not windows
networking please.

Bill

From: Lie Ryan on
On 04/29/10 04:46, Bill Cunningham wrote:
> Are there any groups o USENET that are for networking and network
> designers? I need to get together with someone and IRC or usenet pretty bad.
> I have some things to work out concerning networking. And not windows
> networking please.

GGSIYF (Google Groups Search Is Your Friend)
From: Bill Cunningham on
Lie Ryan wrote:

> GGSIYF (Google Groups Search Is Your Friend)

I've tried google so I will look at google groups.

Bill

From: Rui Maciel on
Lie Ryan wrote:

> GGSIYF (Google Groups Search Is Your Friend)

Actually, it isn't. Google groups returns terrible results, even when performing straight forward
searches such as explicitly searching for the exact name of a specific newsgroup.

I don't know what google did to deja but I want it back.

Rui Maciel
From: Lie Ryan on
On 04/29/10 09:37, Rui Maciel wrote:
> Lie Ryan wrote:
>
>> GGSIYF (Google Groups Search Is Your Friend)
>
> Actually, it isn't. Google groups returns terrible results, even when performing straight forward
> searches such as explicitly searching for the exact name of a specific newsgroup.

Really? When I search for "comp.programming", this is in the first line
of the result:

"""
Groups matching comp.programming

comp.programming
Programming issues that transcend languages and OSs.
3809 members - 0 days ago
comp.programming.threads
All issues about multithreaded programming.
2631 members - 0 days ago
11 more �

<regular search result follows>
"""

and if you want to be more specific, you can search for:
'search query group:comp.programming' (or use Advanced Search).

I found the group search decently good enough; it's a pity that you don't.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Sorting in linear time ...
Next: Naked Netbook