From: Barely Audible on
One of my user passwords is refusing to work - when you enter it the
screen just clears and is sat at the login again.. it doesn't report a
password failure and just sits there at the login.

I've tried changing the password in Yast and it has no effect. The root
login & password still work fine.

This version 11.1 BTW

--
TTFN
Jim

A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan
executed tomorrow.
-- George S. Patton
From: Barely Audible on
houghi wrote:
> Barely Audible wrote:
>> One of my user passwords is refusing to work - when you enter it the
>> screen just clears and is sat at the login again.. it doesn't report a
>> password failure and just sits there at the login.
>>
>> I've tried changing the password in Yast and it has no effect. The root
>> login & password still work fine.
>>
>> This version 11.1 BTW
>
> What desktop are you using? Most likely there is something corrupt there
> that does not let you log in. Or better log in and out immidiatly.
>
> Go to <CTRL><ALT><F1> Log in as user. That will test the login and
> password.
>

> houghi

Thanks Houghi - the username & password works fine there.. Its just not
working on the graphic login for some reason...

--
TTFN
Jim

The seriousness of a wound received in a fire-fight is inversely
proportional to the distance to any form of cover.
-- Murphy's Military Laws, #58
From: Barely Audible on
Barely Audible wrote:
> houghi wrote:
>> Barely Audible wrote:
>>> One of my user passwords is refusing to work - when you enter it the
>>> screen just clears and is sat at the login again.. it doesn't report a
>>> password failure and just sits there at the login.
>>>
>>> I've tried changing the password in Yast and it has no effect. The root
>>> login & password still work fine.
>>>
>>> This version 11.1 BTW
>> What desktop are you using? Most likely there is something corrupt there
>> that does not let you log in. Or better log in and out immidiatly.
>>
>> Go to <CTRL><ALT><F1> Log in as user. That will test the login and
>> password.
>>

>> houghi
>
> Thanks Houghi - the username & password works fine there.. Its just not
> working on the graphic login for some reason...

Fixed it - In the user account the shell location had been changed somehow.

--
TTFN
Jim

"There is NO job in the Field Artillery for the weak, the
timid or the indecisive."
-- Unknown
From: Barely Audible on
DenverD wrote:
> houghi wrote:
>> Question Mark : The main function of a question mark is to indicate a
>> question or query.
>
> evidently he wanted only answers, no questions.

Not really its just that I had the answer before I had chance to answer
houghi's question...

--
TTFN
Jim

Ultima ratio regum. (The final argument of kings)
-- Inscription on french cannons, on order of Louis XIV
From: Barely Audible on
houghi wrote:
> Barely Audible wrote:
>>> evidently he wanted only answers, no questions.
>> Not really its just that I had the answer before I had chance to answer
>> houghi's question...
>
> The moment you replied to me, you could have given an answer to the
> question. However all you said was that it worked in CLI, but not in
> GUI. To me that means that you did not yet have your soltion (not
> answer, solution) while that reply was the best moment to answer the
> question.
>
> houghi

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
TTFN
Jim

A nuclear war can ruin your whole day