From: Osmo Saarikumpu on
Chris F.A. Johnson kirjoitti:

> Don't search engines read alt text?

I googled that (changing "don't" to "do") and got this as 1st result:

http://www.searchengineguide.com/robin-nobles/how-important-i.php

Any insight on this? Anybody?

--
Best wishes,
Osmo
From: Helpful person on
On Sep 28, 1:54 am, Osmo Saarikumpu <o...(a)weppipakki.com> wrote:
> Chris F.A. Johnson kirjoitti:
>
> >   Don't search engines read alt text?
>
> I googled that (changing "don't" to "do") and got this as 1st result:
>
> http://www.searchengineguide.com/robin-nobles/how-important-i.php
>
> Any insight on this? Anybody?
>
> --
> Best wishes,
> Osmo

The article is dated August 2005.

www.richardfisher.com
From: Andreas Prilop on

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22supplying+alt+attributes+doesn+t+make+the+pictures+disappear%22&filter=0

--
In memoriam Alan J. Flavell
http://groups.google.co.uk/groups/search?q=author:Alan.J.Flavell
From: jeffg on
quoted text
> > But does anyone have a suggestion for getting theAvantGarde
> > look on a Web page?
>
> Century Gothic

This is an interesting thread. I've avoided getting into embedded
fonts, but maybe I'll try it in the future.
For now, however, a decent alternative font is my best option. I don't
know how I missed that Century Gothic is a great choice. Thank you.
From: Chris F.A. Johnson on
On 2009-09-28, Osmo Saarikumpu wrote:
> Chris F.A. Johnson kirjoitti:
>
>> Don't search engines read alt text?
>
> I googled that (changing "don't" to "do") and got this as 1st result:
>
> http://www.searchengineguide.com/robin-nobles/how-important-i.php
>
> Any insight on this? Anybody?

I put up a page, <http://cfajohnson.com/testing/alt.html>, which
has nothing but an image with the alt text "Toronto SEO test".

A google search for "Toronto SEO test" (with the quotes) finds the
page.

Author: