From: cisz on
Under my previous post I was asking how to install xp over xp. The installer
failed to find the previous installation.

I've now been trying to use bootcfg in the recovery console (from the xp
installation cd). I keep getting "error: failed to add the selected boot
entry to the boot list".

Under "enter os load options:" I put "/fastdetect" as shown in the microsoft
help.

Help appreciated.

From: cisz on
After quite alot of trial and error, it turns out that the problem was that
I had
installed the xp drive as a "slave" drive. When I reinstalled it as the
master
the xp installation program found it and I was able to use the "repair"
option.