From: Kevin.Marciniak on
On Nov 30, 1:03 pm, Kevin.Marcin...(a)gmail.com wrote:
> On Nov 30, 11:33 am, "jimmaureenrog...(a)worldnet.att.net"
>

> <jimmaureenrog...(a)worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> > On Nov 30, 9:29 am, Kevin.Marcin...(a)gmail.com wrote:
>
> > > I'm trying to use jGRASP to compile, but I get the following error:
>
> > > ----jGRASP exec: gnatmake -g hello_world.adb
>
> > > gcc -c -g hello_world.adb
> > > gcc.exe: CreateProcess: No such file or directory
> > > gnatmake: "hello_world.adb" compilation error
>
> > > ----jGRASP wedge2: exit code for process is 4.
> > > ----jGRASP: operation complete.
>
> > > This is on a Windows XP Pro machine. And the Windows system path
> > > includes the folder where gnatmake and gcc are, but I don't understand
> > > why its giving me this error. I also put the Ada source file in the
> > > same directory, but same result.
>
> > > Source:
>
> > > with Text_IO;
> > > procedure Hello_World is
>
> > > begin
> > > Text_IO.Put_Line("Hello World!");
> > > end Hello_World;
>
> > > I also checked the Settings->Compiler Settings->Workspace for Ada and
> > > its using the compiler that I have in the system path. Any help would
> > > be great. Thanks.
>
> > You need to make sure the Path environment variable listed in the
> > System Compiler Environment window includes the path to your compiler.
> > JGrasp does not use the operating system Path variable.
>
> > Jim Rogers
>
> I did that for both the PATH/CLASSPATH and Compiler sections, but it
> still gives me the same error. It points to C:\GNAT\bin. Which is
> where I unzipped the gnat binaries to. I got the gnat binaries from:
> "http://sourceforge.net/project/platformdownload.php?group_id=12974"
> I went via Settings->Compiler Settings->Workspace on the menu. Is
> there another spot?
>
> @Anh Vo: I would use GPS except AdaCore no longer makes it available
> from their libre site. And being that I'm using jGRASP for personal
> learning, it wouldn't make sense for me to buy my own copy of GPS.

I'm using jGRASP version 1.8.6_05.
From: Anh Vo on
On Nov 30, 11:03 am, Kevin.Marcin...(a)gmail.com wrote:

> @Anh Vo: I would use GPS except AdaCore no longer makes it available
> from their libre site. And being that I'm using jGRASP for personal
> learning, it wouldn't make sense for me to buy my own copy of GPS.- Hide quoted text -

The https://libre2.adacore.com/ is down today due to the move. See
message below from Arno

> The last snapshot was built on 28 October 2007. Hopefully, the script
> can be fixed and the snapshot will be built daily again.

The snapshots have been disabled temporarily for technical reasons.
It should come back in a week or so.

Note also that the libre site will be shutdown on friday due to office
moves, for a few hours or a few days, depending how the move goes :-)

Arno

Therefore, GNAT is still available and free. You should check back
later today. The worst case is several days as Arno mentioned.

AV
From: Larry A Barowski on

<jimmaureenrogers(a)worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> You need to make sure the Path environment variable listed in the
> System Compiler Environment window includes the path to your compiler.
> JGrasp does not use the operating system Path variable.

It does use the system PATH. The paths in the settings are
in addition to the system path (and take precedence over it).

From: Larry A Barowski on

<Kevin.Marciniak(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to use jGRASP to compile, but I get the following error:
>
> ----jGRASP exec: gnatmake -g hello_world.adb
>
> gcc -c -g hello_world.adb
> gcc.exe: CreateProcess: No such file or directory
> gnatmake: "hello_world.adb" compilation error

What happens if you do
gnatmake -g hello_world.adb
from the command line? Usually, if it works from the command
line it should work from jGRASP.

From: Kevin.Marciniak on
On Dec 1, 9:14 am, "Larry A Barowski"
<ThisisLarrybarAtEngDotAuburnDotLearninginstitution> wrote:
> <Kevin.Marcin...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > I'm trying to use jGRASP to compile, but I get the following error:
>
> > ----jGRASP exec: gnatmake -g hello_world.adb
>
> > gcc -c -g hello_world.adb
> > gcc.exe: CreateProcess: No such file or directory
> > gnatmake: "hello_world.adb" compilation error
>
> What happens if you do
> gnatmake -g hello_world.adb
> from the command line? Usually, if it works from the command
> line it should work from jGRASP.

I get the same error. I went to the directory that the source file is
in and tried to compile from the command line, but the same error
happens. Is there a step that I'm not doing? I unzipped the binaries
from sourceforge, then I included the folder that I unzipped to in the
Windows system path. Then I wrote the simple hello_world.adb. Then I
tried to compile from the command line with gnatmake -g
hello_world.adb and I still get the same error. Are you using the
binaries from sourceforge or from some place else?