From: Larry A Barowski on

<Kevin.Marciniak(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Dec 1, 9:14 am, "Larry A Barowski"
> <ThisisLarrybarAtEngDotAuburnDotLearninginstitution> wrote:
>> What happens if you do
>> gnatmake -g hello_world.adb
>> from the command line? Usually, if it works from the command
>> line it should work from jGRASP.
>
> I get the same error. I went to the directory that the source file is
> in and tried to compile from the command line, but the same error
> happens. Is there a step that I'm not doing? I unzipped the binaries
> from sourceforge, then I included the folder that I unzipped to in the
> Windows system path. Then I wrote the simple hello_world.adb. Then I
> tried to compile from the command line with gnatmake -g
> hello_world.adb and I still get the same error. Are you using the
> binaries from sourceforge or from some place else?

I haven't tried it for a long time. The download site doesn't seem to
be responding, but I'll try later. Exactly what package did you
download? The sourceforge site seems to just point to the
AdaCore site for the GNAT/GPL for Windows download.

A google search for the error message doesn't turn up any GNAT
references except for this thread, so I doubt that it's a common
problem. Did you add the GNAT directory to the front of the
PATH? Maybe if you added it to the back, GNAT is calling some
other (wrong) gcc.

From: Kevin.Marciniak on
On Dec 1, 7:39 pm, "Larry A Barowski"
<ThisisLarrybarAtEngDotAuburnDotLearninginstitution> wrote:
> <Kevin.Marcin...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Dec 1, 9:14 am, "Larry A Barowski"
> > <ThisisLarrybarAtEngDotAuburnDotLearninginstitution> wrote:
> >> What happens if you do
> >> gnatmake -g hello_world.adb
> >> from the command line? Usually, if it works from the command
> >> line it should work from jGRASP.
>
> > I get the same error. I went to the directory that the source file is
> > in and tried to compile from the command line, but the same error
> > happens. Is there a step that I'm not doing? I unzipped the binaries
> > from sourceforge, then I included the folder that I unzipped to in the
> > Windows system path. Then I wrote the simple hello_world.adb. Then I
> > tried to compile from the command line with gnatmake -g
> > hello_world.adb and I still get the same error. Are you using the
> > binaries from sourceforge or from some place else?
>
> I haven't tried it for a long time. The download site doesn't seem to
> be responding, but I'll try later. Exactly what package did you
> download? The sourceforge site seems to just point to the
> AdaCore site for the GNAT/GPL for Windows download.
>
> A google search for the error message doesn't turn up any GNAT
> references except for this thread, so I doubt that it's a common
> problem. Did you add the GNAT directory to the front of the
> PATH? Maybe if you added it to the back, GNAT is calling some
> other (wrong) gcc.

Of all the things I didn't do was a reboot!!!!!! After the reboot it
compiled, binded, linked, and ran hello_world just fine. Blast
Windows. No where in ANY installation instructions did it say to
reboot after installing MinGW, GNU Ada, or jGRASP!!!! I can't believe
that's all I had to do. What was I thinking? Of course on a
Microsoft Windows machine it needs a reboot! Thanks everyone for the
help though.
From: Kevin.Marciniak on
On Dec 1, 10:43 pm, Kevin.Marcin...(a)gmail.com wrote:
> On Dec 1, 7:39 pm, "Larry A Barowski"
>

> <ThisisLarrybarAtEngDotAuburnDotLearninginstitution> wrote:
> > <Kevin.Marcin...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > I get the same error. I went to the directory that the source file is
> > > in and tried to compile from the command line, but the same error
> > > happens. Is there a step that I'm not doing? I unzipped the binaries
> > > from sourceforge, then I included the folder that I unzipped to in the
> > > Windows system path. Then I wrote the simple hello_world.adb. Then I
> > > tried to compile from the command line with gnatmake -g
> > > hello_world.adb and I still get the same error. Are you using the
> > > binaries from sourceforge or from some place else?
>
> > I haven't tried it for a long time. The download site doesn't seem to
> > be responding, but I'll try later. Exactly what package did you
> > download? The sourceforge site seems to just point to the
> > AdaCore site for the GNAT/GPL for Windows download.
>
> > A google search for the error message doesn't turn up any GNAT
> > references except for this thread, so I doubt that it's a common
> > problem. Did you add the GNAT directory to the front of the
> > PATH? Maybe if you added it to the back, GNAT is calling some
> > other (wrong) gcc.
>
> Of all the things I didn't do was a reboot!!!!!! After the reboot it
> compiled, binded, linked, and ran hello_world just fine. Blast
> Windows. No where in ANY installation instructions did it say to
> reboot after installing MinGW, GNU Ada, or jGRASP!!!! I can't believe
> that's all I had to do. What was I thinking? Of course on a
> Microsoft Windows machine it needs a reboot! Thanks everyone for the
> help though.

Here is the steps needed to get it to work.
1) Install MinGW
2) In the Windows system path, add the directory to where the MinGW
binaries were installed
3) Unzip the GNU Ada GPL to where the MinGW directory is
4) REBOOT!!!!
5) Install jGRASP (does NOT need another reboot)
6) Code