From: Kevin.Marciniak on
I'm trying to use jGRASP to compile, but I get the following error:

----jGRASP exec: gnatmake -g hello_world.adb

gcc -c -g hello_world.adb
gcc.exe: CreateProcess: No such file or directory
gnatmake: "hello_world.adb" compilation error

----jGRASP wedge2: exit code for process is 4.
----jGRASP: operation complete.

This is on a Windows XP Pro machine. And the Windows system path
includes the folder where gnatmake and gcc are, but I don't understand
why its giving me this error. I also put the Ada source file in the
same directory, but same result.

Source:

with Text_IO;
procedure Hello_World is

begin
Text_IO.Put_Line("Hello World!");
end Hello_World;

I also checked the Settings->Compiler Settings->Workspace for Ada and
its using the compiler that I have in the system path. Any help would
be great. Thanks.
From: jimmaureenrogers on
On Nov 30, 9:29 am, Kevin.Marcin...(a)gmail.com wrote:
> I'm trying to use jGRASP to compile, but I get the following error:
>
> ----jGRASP exec: gnatmake -g hello_world.adb
>
> gcc -c -g hello_world.adb
> gcc.exe: CreateProcess: No such file or directory
> gnatmake: "hello_world.adb" compilation error
>
> ----jGRASP wedge2: exit code for process is 4.
> ----jGRASP: operation complete.
>
> This is on a Windows XP Pro machine. And the Windows system path
> includes the folder where gnatmake and gcc are, but I don't understand
> why its giving me this error. I also put the Ada source file in the
> same directory, but same result.
>
> Source:
>
> with Text_IO;
> procedure Hello_World is
>
> begin
> Text_IO.Put_Line("Hello World!");
> end Hello_World;
>
> I also checked the Settings->Compiler Settings->Workspace for Ada and
> its using the compiler that I have in the system path. Any help would
> be great. Thanks.

You need to make sure the Path environment variable listed in the
System Compiler Environment window includes the path to your compiler.
JGrasp does not use the operating system Path variable.

Jim Rogers
From: Anh Vo on
On Nov 30, 8:29 am, Kevin.Marcin...(a)gmail.com wrote:
> I'm trying to use jGRASP to compile, but I get the following error:

Is there any important reason why to use jGRASP? If not I would
recommend to use GPS. It is a modern IDE, simple enough for a quick
test and yet sophisticated enough to handle a very large and complex
project. By the way, wherever there is a GNAT (evidence of gnatmake),
a GPS should be available.

AV
From: Kevin.Marciniak on
On Nov 30, 11:33 am, "jimmaureenrog...(a)worldnet.att.net"
<jimmaureenrog...(a)worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> On Nov 30, 9:29 am, Kevin.Marcin...(a)gmail.com wrote:
>

> > I'm trying to use jGRASP to compile, but I get the following error:
>
> > ----jGRASP exec: gnatmake -g hello_world.adb
>
> > gcc -c -g hello_world.adb
> > gcc.exe: CreateProcess: No such file or directory
> > gnatmake: "hello_world.adb" compilation error
>
> > ----jGRASP wedge2: exit code for process is 4.
> > ----jGRASP: operation complete.
>
> > This is on a Windows XP Pro machine. And the Windows system path
> > includes the folder where gnatmake and gcc are, but I don't understand
> > why its giving me this error. I also put the Ada source file in the
> > same directory, but same result.
>
> > Source:
>
> > with Text_IO;
> > procedure Hello_World is
>
> > begin
> > Text_IO.Put_Line("Hello World!");
> > end Hello_World;
>
> > I also checked the Settings->Compiler Settings->Workspace for Ada and
> > its using the compiler that I have in the system path. Any help would
> > be great. Thanks.
>
> You need to make sure the Path environment variable listed in the
> System Compiler Environment window includes the path to your compiler.
> JGrasp does not use the operating system Path variable.
>
> Jim Rogers

I did that for both the PATH/CLASSPATH and Compiler sections, but it
still gives me the same error. It points to C:\GNAT\bin. Which is
where I unzipped the gnat binaries to. I got the gnat binaries from:
"http://sourceforge.net/project/platformdownload.php?group_id=12974"
I went via Settings->Compiler Settings->Workspace on the menu. Is
there another spot?

@Anh Vo: I would use GPS except AdaCore no longer makes it available
from their libre site. And being that I'm using jGRASP for personal
learning, it wouldn't make sense for me to buy my own copy of GPS.
From: Pascal Obry on
Kevin.Marciniak(a)gmail.com a �crit :
> @Anh Vo: I would use GPS except AdaCore no longer makes it available
> from their libre site. And being that I'm using jGRASP for personal
> learning, it wouldn't make sense for me to buy my own copy of GPS.

It is part of GNAT GPL 2007. So download the whole package and you have
it. So the question now is which compiler are you using ?

Pascal.

--| Pascal Obry Team-Ada Member
--| http://www.obry.net
--|