From: Bob Masta on
On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 19:48:03 +0100, "bohanson"
<win32api(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

>Hello.
>
>How does one use the enter button to submit data
>when using the edit box in a dialog?
>I am currently getting a beeping noise and nothing
>happens.

When you hit Enter, the "default" dialog button is
clicked. Normally, that button is 'OK', which
closes the dialog. Instead, make it a separate
button called 'Apply', or make it invisible. When
the Enter causes this to be hit, the original edit
box loses focus just as if you had clicked on any
other control, and the entered value can be
retrieved by your handler.

Best regards,

Bob Masta

DAQARTA v4.51
Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis
www.daqarta.com
Scope, Spectrum, Spectrogram, Sound Level Meter
FREE Signal Generator
Science with your sound card!
From: bohanson on

"Bob Masta" <N0Spam(a)daqarta.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 19:48:03 +0100, "bohanson"
> <win32api(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Hello.
>>
>>How does one use the enter button to submit data
>>when using the edit box in a dialog?
>>I am currently getting a beeping noise and nothing
>>happens.
>
> When you hit Enter, the "default" dialog button is
> clicked. Normally, that button is 'OK', which
> closes the dialog. Instead, make it a separate
> button called 'Apply', or make it invisible. When
> the Enter causes this to be hit, the original edit
> box loses focus just as if you had clicked on any
> other control, and the entered value can be
> retrieved by your handler.
>
> Best regards,
>

> Bob Masta
>
> DAQARTA v4.51
> Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis
> www.daqarta.com
> Scope, Spectrum, Spectrogram, Sound Level Meter
> FREE Signal Generator
> Science with your sound card!

Ok, thanks for the help!

This is what I have so far. I havn't tried with
dialog and resource editer yet.
http://www.filedropper.com/editbox

Kind regards

First  |  Prev  |