From: jazzydance on
I would like suggestions(or modifications) on ways to architect the following:

Goal is to create a set of sql server reports 2008 that has a table of
contents and
is exported to word 2003 or word 2007.

1. I am going to have each sql server report 2008 as separate RDL files.
2. I am going to tie all the reports together in a Visual Basic.NET
application
by Building Reports from the Object Collection using ReportViewer.
3. I then need to create a table of contents that exports to word. To
accomplish this task I am thinking of
a. either using jquery so that I can add auto TOC generation, and/or
b. write a .net embedded custom application on each report that will
obtain the report name and page number from the report footer. The data
will then written to a 'table of contents' sql server database that will be
used to help generate the table of contents.

Let me know what your thoughts idea/modifications are.