From: Perplexed on LI Perplexed on on
Every time a user logs on to his account on my computer, he gets the RUNDLL
message: Error loading c:\windows\windows32\vboopexm.dll; The specified
module could not be found".

I couldn't find any hint anywhere as to what module it is, what specified it
and how to get rid of it.

Thanks.
From: Jim on
On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 11:44:01 -0800, Perplexed on LI <Perplexed on
LI(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Every time a user logs on to his account on my computer, he gets the RUNDLL
>message: Error loading c:\windows\windows32\vboopexm.dll; The specified
>module could not be found".
>
>I couldn't find any hint anywhere as to what module it is, what specified it
>and how to get rid of it.
>
>Thanks.

Search through the registry and delete the .dll every time it shows .
From: Jose on
On Mar 12, 2:44 pm, Perplexed on LI <Perplexed on
L...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Every time a user logs on to his account on my computer, he gets the RUNDLL
> message: Error loading c:\windows\windows32\vboopexm.dll; The specified
> module could not be found".
>
> I couldn't find any hint anywhere as to what module it is, what specified it
> and how to get rid of it.
>
> Thanks.

Sounds like you are now or have been infected with some malware.

You need to be sure you are rid of it and fix your issue:

Download, install, update and do a full scan with these free malware
detection programs:

Malwarebytes (MBAM): http://malwarebytes.org/
SUPERAntiSpyware: (SAS): http://www.superantispyware.com/

They can be uninstalled later if desired.

Windows is trying to load this file but cannot locate it since the
file was mostly likely removed during an scan for malicious software.
However, an associated orphaned startup parameter or registry entry
remains and is telling Windows to load the file when you boot up or
login.

You need to remove the referenced entry so Windows stops trying to run
the file. It may or may not be in the registry.

If you are comfortable editing the registry you can search for and
remove the reference from or remove it using a popular third party
tool called Autoruns.

Before making any changes to your registry by hand or with third party
tools, be sure to make a backup of the registry first. Here is a link
to a popular registry backup tool:

Autoruns does not install anything on your computer. It will display
all of the startup locations where the reference might be so you can
disable it or delete it completely.

Here is the download link for Autoruns:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

Launch Autoruns.exe and wait for it to finish populating the list of
entries.

When Autoruns is finished scanning your system, it will say "Ready" at
the bottom left corner.

The problem item is usually in the usually the system startup or user
startup entries so click the Logon tab.

Scroll through the list and look for a startup entry related to the
file(s) in the error message.

If you don't find it there, look for it in the Everything tab.

Right-click on the offending entry and choose to delete it or find it
in the registry or Startup folder and fix it.

Reboot your computer and troubleshoot remaining issues.
From: VanguardLH on
Perplexed on LI wrote:

> Every time a user logs on to his account on my computer, he gets the RUNDLL
> message: Error loading c:\windows\windows32\vboopexm.dll; The specified
> module could not be found".
>
> I couldn't find any hint anywhere as to what module it is, what specified it
> and how to get rid of it.
>
> Thanks.

Maybe your anti-malware software already delete the infected file. So look
in the registry to determine to do with any entries that refer to this file.
Since you say "a user" which is you sounding like you are their sysadmin or
they contract with you for service, you should already know how to find
items in the registry.