From: EyalS on
I use vpc 2004.
When trying to resize to full screen, I get the following message:
"the virtual machine is using a video mode that is too large for your monitor"
I tried to play with the computer's display settings but did not help.
Any ideas?
Thanks
From: Grand_Poohbah on
I ran into that problem also. My host uses 1024x768 and I could not resize
the guest to that resolution without getting the same message. What I had to
do was use the VPC window lower-right resize point (the little diagonal mouse
arrows) to drag the guest screen slightly smaller than the host screen. If
you do this and go to the Host and check screen Properties, you will find
that the resolution has changed to something slightly smaller than 1024x768.

If you run the guest as a full-screen mode then this problem sort of goes
away (but could also appear when actually switching using the HOSTKEY-Enter
combination). I normally run my VPCs in a window and use the resize function
so that the entire host screen is taken up by the guest window.

GP