From: Deidrich Fehr on
I have installed Virtual PC 2007 onto a Windows XP SP2 platform.

I have a licensed copy of Windows Vista. I was able to install it
successfully within Virutal PC 2007. I was also able to activate my copy
successfully.

I went to "update" the software using Microsoft Update but an error was
returned "Ox8024402C". I followed the suggestions in Microsoft Technote
900936 without success. I am thinking this error is caused because of Virtual
PC 2007. Has anyone else had this error? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

--
Deidrich Fehr
From: Jane C on
Does your Vista guest have internet connectivity? How have you set up the
networking component in Virtual PC?
Being run in a virtual machine does not in itself cause any problems with
Windows Update for Vista.

When searching for available updates on the Update site, you receive the
0x8024402C
error
http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu...cleid=30&ln=en
A misconfigured Proxy/Firewall can cause this problem. Double-check the
Proxy/Firewall settings

You may receive an error message when you search for available updates on
the Windows
Update Web site or on the Microsoft Update Web site
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883821

What causes Error 0x8024402c
http://www.updatexp.com/0x8024402c.html

--
Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :-)

From: Deidrich Fehr on
Thanks Jane

I downloaded all the documents you indicate, and tried all of the items, I
still get the error and "update" still does not work.

Does anyone have anymore ideas?

Thanks

--
Deidrich Fehr

From: Deidrich Fehr on
Sorry Jane, I forgot to answer your questions:

Yes I have internet connectivity within Vista. I am able to browse download,
activate Windows all with no problem. I just seem to have a problem with
"update".

--
Deidrich Fehr

From: Bill Grant on
As Jane said, you can forget about VPC 2007. The OS in the guest machine
does not know or care that it is running under VPC. What you have is a
networking problem where your guest OS cannot connect properly with the
update site. You will need to use normal network troubleshooting to find out
why.