From: Max on
Here's my response in your earlier thread:

Addressing this line:
> Is there a way to still access the data in Column A in Sheet 1, even though
> VLOOKUP uses the range starting with Column B in Sheet 1?

Extend your horizon beyond vlookup, use index/match. Its much more
versatile, you can match on any col and "directly" return any other col to
the left or right of the match col, and accomplish this w/o having to fuss
around with col index numbers to boot.

Eg instead of : =VLOOKUP(B5,Sheet1!$B$5:$J$397,2,0)
Try this: =INDEX(Sheet1!C:C,MATCH($B5,Sheet1!$B:$B,0))
to return the same results as the vlookup

Just change the index bit: INDEX(Sheet1!C:C
to: INDEX(Sheet1!A:A
if you want to return the results from col A
(instead of col C)

Enjoy the breakthrough? wave it, hit YES below
--
Max
Singapore
From: Art on
That was a ridiculously simple solution! Thank you so much...definitely a
tool that I will take advantage MANY times!!!

From: Max on
Welcome, do take a moment to hit YES in that earlier response
--
Max
Singapore